Oz Advice For Young Arborist

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just relocate find someone that will take you on over there,no point wasting time trying to get experience in Britan when you could be getting it where you want to live,as far as i know nptcs and all that shite don't meen anything over there as long as your keen and you can get the tickets you'll need while your working!

sounds like a bit of me :001_smile:

Just relocate find someone that will take you on over there,no point wasting time trying to get experience in Britan when you could be getting it where you want to live,as far as i know nptcs and all that shite don't meen anything over there as long as your keen and you can get the tickets you'll need while your working!

sounds like a bit of me :001_smile:

• 1 month later...

Received this message from a close friend who's doing arb work in Sydney at the moment...I followed it up and the guy is mad keen but the timing is not right for me...sounds like an OK firm with nice kit and stuff....heres the message - 'there is a guy in Sydney looking for 3 to 4 arborists if anyone is interested contact him as he is a little desperate im sure a great deal can be struck.

the guy has a mewp and uses it as often as is needed so nothing dodgy has to be climbed he is also the head of the arb association out here so he is a credible guy.

if interested his email is [email protected], office number 0297482323 mob. 0418245502 dial code +61.

he said he will offer sponsorship so anyone who has come on a working visa previously will be fine to come again and im sure you can get you flight paid for also if you play your cards right like i said he is well keen to get a few climbers by the new year. let me know if anyone contacts him or is interested as he is in contact with me and if no one is interested i can let him know.'

Hey Chris, i'm 2 months into my stay in brisbane, i would consider sponserships as a route if you cant get a work/holiday visa. luckaly i did as its my first time here. companies like citywide based in melbourne offer sponsership/accomodation aid etc. Good luck and get yourself out here. You'll deffo not regret it!

Heads up on the immigration side, seem to be starting to make it harder to get into oz, quite a few business visas have been removed, the 457 visa still remains bit it's now a skill select visa and the process has changed a little, if anyone is planning to do the jump the don't delay, also make sure you choose the right employer because you must stay with that employer for 2 yrs before you can go for permanent residence, this is what has just happened to me, I changed employer and now have to complete an extra 7 months until I can go for permanent residence , food for thought

If you don't have the qualifications and NZ interests you checkout the work to residency option. I think both Treescape and Asplundh are signed up with immigration. It will depend on your experience and skill levels. You could also get a work visa in NZ and study for quals while you work. Again, it should be possible to get a 3 year visa but you'll need sponsorship to do it and, again, the two previously mentioned outfits are going to be a good starting point.