I pad

wattie

For sure, the arborist app can me modified to do your accounts. I would be amazed if they haven't already got that base covered.

If I hadn't spent a while customising invoice to go I woud swap tomorrow.

Ok I have brought invoices to go which seems ok I am still playing around with it, a couple of things I am unsure of.

I mainly want to use it as I said for my estimates to use drop down boxes for species and work, which I have set up in the item list, however if I pick let's say birch then of course it will ask for a value or rate, if I put nil value then it will show 0.00 in the total colum and them same again with the works required so you could have a list of 0.00 before the overall cost.

At this time it is not an issue as the estimates will only be for our in house use as I will e mail them or save them for the girls in the office to convert for sending or e mailing. But i would like to think we could progress and send them straight from the I pad so do you know how to change the set up to not show the 0.00 for each item.

The next point is when I set up a client on the estimate page it does not appear on the client page is this because at the time of the estimate they are not a client and you do something if they go ahead, or do you set up the client page for clients that we work for regular so you can produce an estimate page quickly with all there details or am I missing something.

I suppose you could use your client list like a contacts page but to be honest I don't need it as already have it on the I pad so I would have it twice over.

Hope that makes sence and look forward to hearing from anyone who could help me out.

Cheers

KEV

For sure, the arborist app can me modified to do your accounts. I would be amazed if they haven't already got that base covered.

If I hadn't spent a while customising invoice to go I woud swap tomorrow.

Ok I have brought invoices to go which seems ok I am still playing around with it, a couple of things I am unsure of.

I mainly want to use it as I said for my estimates to use drop down boxes for species and work, which I have set up in the item list, however if I pick let's say birch then of course it will ask for a value or rate, if I put nil value then it will show 0.00 in the total colum and them same again with the works required so you could have a list of 0.00 before the overall cost.

At this time it is not an issue as the estimates will only be for our in house use as I will e mail them or save them for the girls in the office to convert for sending or e mailing. But i would like to think we could progress and send them straight from the I pad so do you know how to change the set up to not show the 0.00 for each item.

The next point is when I set up a client on the estimate page it does not appear on the client page is this because at the time of the estimate they are not a client and you do something if they go ahead, or do you set up the client page for clients that we work for regular so you can produce an estimate page quickly with all there details or am I missing something.

I suppose you could use your client list like a contacts page but to be honest I don't need it as already have it on the I pad so I would have it twice over.

Hope that makes sence and look forward to hearing from anyone who could help me out.

Cheers

KEV

Download pages and numbers it's apples version of word. I have a complete risk assessment / job sheet that I fill in on site and email straight to the office in a word format the job spec can then be copied and pasted to a quote and the job sheet printed out ready for the work. If you need drop down boxes try numbers, it's excel in apple form. Though for a drop down box you would need to press the box scroll down and choose the species for example. This would take three touches of the screen, about the same as spelling 'Oak' if you get my drift. Tick boxes are good though and my form is almost entirely made up of them

Download pages and numbers it's apples version of word. I have a complete risk assessment / job sheet that I fill in on site and email straight to the office in a word format the job spec can then be copied and pasted to a quote and the job sheet printed out ready for the work. If you need drop down boxes try numbers, it's excel in apple form. Though for a drop down box you would need to press the box scroll down and choose the species for example. This would take three touches of the screen, about the same as spelling 'Oak' if you get my drift. Tick boxes are good though and my form is almost entirely made up of them

Thanks I can see how I may be able to do that I have pages already which I can do a site plan and would be go for hazard notes, extra tools and risk assessment, however lads are telling not to worry about the RA for every job I look at just leave it to them to do on the day on the jobs I do win if you get my drift on that.

Thanks

Keven

Thanks I can see how I may be able to do that I have pages already which I can do a site plan and would be go for hazard notes, extra tools and risk assessment, however lads are telling not to worry about the RA for every job I look at just leave it to them to do on the day on the jobs I do win if you get my drift on that.

Thanks

Keven