accident waiting to happen...

sussexlad

Just sitting eating my breakfast watching with morbid fascination a guy in jeans and a baseball cap topping the hedge the other side of the road with an ms200 using it one handed all the way! cutting at neck/head height on a ladder!:thumbdown:

i know its not the home owner so must be a contractor, so if your a home owner and a "proffesional" turns up to your house looking/working like this please dont use them!!

Im going to split some wood out back and wait for the sirens...:post:...:nurse:...:saint:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sitting eating my breakfast watching with morbid fascination a guy in jeans and a baseball cap topping the hedge the other side of the road with an ms200 using it one handed all the way! cutting at neck/head height on a ladder!:thumbdown:

i know its not the home owner so must be a contractor, so if your a home owner and a "proffesional" turns up to your house looking/working like this please dont use them!!

Im going to split some wood out back and wait for the sirens...:post:...:nurse:...:saint:

Fun! But just because it's not the homeowner doesn't necessarily mean it's a contractor - could be friend or friend of friend of the homeowner.

Never been one to do this but...

If you suspect them to be a 'professional', or someone doing it for money as a job in some way, could or should WE responsible arb's be reporting these contractors to the Heath and Safety Executive? Surely they are dangerous to themselves and others within the work place and therefore should be fined or stopped from doing such work?

Just a thought?

Never been one to do this but...

If you suspect them to be a 'professional', or someone doing it for money as a job in some way, could or should WE responsible arb's be reporting these contractors to the Heath and Safety Executive? Surely they are dangerous to themselves and others within the work place and therefore should be fined or stopped from doing such work?

Just a thought?

The guy could be out earning money rather than scrounging off the government....likely has kids to feed. Sure grass him up and possibly cause his family further hardship. Nice!

Personally I judge someone's professionalism on the standard of their work, not what they choose to wear whilst doing it

Interesting view point steve, however for the sake of some training and some PPE he could save his own life and be there to provide for his family for many years thereafter too. It was just a thought, at the end of the day it would be better for the HSE to get involved rather than the emergency services?

well it seems he lived through the day. jobs not great, hedge is not level, standard is pretty poor as well as his PPE and work technique.

i wouldnt get involved any further,its his choice, if hes in the trade he should be aware of whats expected of him. if he wants to lop his head off then thats his problem im not going to waste any of my weekend worrying about him. it was just an observation i thought i would share.:001_smile:

by the way, thanks born2trot i spent ages getting those smilies:lol: