Unicender SRT

Sirnick2

what does everyone use for short accents? By this i mean when you can get a foot on the tree and dont want to clip in your full SRT setup. (footloop etc). i been using just a single handed KONG accender and my pantin. been working real well. Found it nice and quick to un clip and dosnt clog up ya harness with bulk. Found the best chest rig to be bicycle rim tape with small carabiner. It real light (unlike inner tube) and it stretches far without breaking which makes cliping on real easy. Been using 6mm ropewith hosepipe for footloop. the whole system pretty much fits in my pocket so is easily stored on harness when not in use. After using solidly for the last three months i have to say i dont know wat i would do now without the uni. I found less stress on the body and efficiency has improved due to this.

For removals i feel the unicender is untouchable for speed especially when required to ascend and deccend regually (norfolk island pines, lombardy poplars etc..) I have found it also easier to just hold the uni up by gripping on a carabiner (that i leave connected to top ring) when shortening my line and coming back along a limb instead of clipping into chest harness. Found a heavier steal option to be better for some reason.

Anything else anyone has come up with be good to know? Will share anything else i come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does everyone use for short accents? By this i mean when you can get a foot on the tree and dont want to clip in your full SRT setup. (footloop etc). i been using just a single handed KONG accender and my pantin. been working real well. Found it nice and quick to un clip and dosnt clog up ya harness with bulk. Found the best chest rig to be bicycle rim tape with small carabiner. It real light (unlike inner tube) and it stretches far without breaking which makes cliping on real easy. Been using 6mm ropewith hosepipe for footloop. the whole system pretty much fits in my pocket so is easily stored on harness when not in use. After using solidly for the last three months i have to say i dont know wat i would do now without the uni. I found less stress on the body and efficiency has improved due to this.

For removals i feel the unicender is untouchable for speed especially when required to ascend and deccend regually (norfolk island pines, lombardy poplars etc..) I have found it also easier to just hold the uni up by gripping on a carabiner (that i leave connected to top ring) when shortening my line and coming back along a limb instead of clipping into chest harness. Found a heavier steal option to be better for some reason.

Anything else anyone has come up with be good to know? Will share anything else i come up with.

For short ascents i just clip the pantin back in. Then chest and hand with footloop for long. :thumbup1:

Rarely use a footloop. Just a hand ascender, then Pantin on my right foot and stand on my right foot with my left. With a bit of core toning, you can caterpillar quite quick and efficiently

Same here, minus the hand ascender (just grab the rope!). I find it to be a very quick and easy technique. I've messed about with several different footloop setups (using the HH) and keep coming back to the simple ascent technique Dan describes. Less stuff to carry around as well.