Sugihara bars

Rob D

The next order will have all the Sugi bars in as the pro solid versions.... from 13" up to 20".

And they have confirmed they can manufacture the 13" one for 346s etc.... with replaceable .325 nose sprocket.

It does take a while for the order to get made and come through but Jonsie will be getting a good share of them when they get here.

There will also be a special 14" solid bar for the MS200T - this will be the 'light' version that Sugi make and will have a replaceable nose.

The light versions that Sugi do are pretty unique as they take a solid bar, take out several sections and then fill with a resin. So you still get the stiffness and light weight without sacrificing much longevity.

But over here where we're not cutting regularly with a 36" bar in woods the lightness is not that necessary in the longer bars and with shorter bars the weight difference is minimal.

Hence it'll only be the 14" bar for MS200 etc that'll be in the light weight version.

The below is an example of a lighter weight carving bar

:biggrin:

597661e512812_652882).JPG.f29c91982208b5fa5ce12802233741ab.JPG

(1).JPG.6e183f5d7db61e92378b9deb72040074.JPG

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Charlie

I've had to send the ones you originally asked for, I had them over nighted from Oregon. I thought I had all the Sugihara bars in. As soon as I get the next delivery in I'll get one up to you to test.:001_smile:

ah cool, no problems :thumbup: was impressed wit the quality of the sugi haras you had on your stand at apf! so will be good to try them

• 1 year later...
What's the narrowest kerf option to suit a 550xp.

Looking for 18".... Oregon or Sugihara, or other?

Only really the oregon lo pro - but really that chain is only rated for 50cc saws... although that said people seem to use it on more powerful ones...

Capture.jpg.9bc16b366f673fb38a294db76bf1c16c.jpg

Only really the oregon lo pro - but really that chain is only rated for 50cc saws... although that said people seem to use it on more powerful ones...

Cheers, the 550xp is 50cc so should be good :thumbup:

....but also considering the Sugihara 18" light type pro. hmmm

Edited by SteveA

I was thinking that Si - but perhaps a 16" Quarter tip rather than toonie for mid Stihl mounts? And 16" quarter for mid Husky.

:001_smile:

True but then I'd lose the added option of running .325

Toonie or quarter tip that is the question.

Answers on a postcard