Sugihara bars

Rob D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for derail (no pun intended)will you be selling at apf

I won't be Jonsie will have them on his stand (as well as the chainsaw mills) so you'll be able to see them in the flesh there.

:001_smile:

Having spent a bit of time on the US saw site, all I know is a lot of the US guys into tuning fit these bars on their saws and rate them highly!

I gather they do a nice light-weight bar where the inner laminate is a metal latice instead of being solid making the bar lighter - not sure if Rob has these yet.

Would be interested in trying one but not hinting:001_rolleyes:

The build quality is supposed to be better and in short they should last longer than other bars.

Also one thing I've found is that the company is receptive to new ideas i.e. the 46" bars they have made for me are the longest bar they have made to date - previously they made up to 42".

I wanted carving bars with holes or markings that give an idea of how far the bar is in the wood - they will be available in a few months.

I found that a refreshing attitude from a large multi national company willing to try new ideas.

That's an interesting idea Rob, is that off the back of a carver? I'd like one but don't think I can wait any longer:001_rolleyes:. I'll settle for one without the markers.

Cheers,

Si

Having spent a bit of time on the US saw site, all I know is a lot of the US guys into tuning fit these bars on their saws and rate them highly!

I gather they do a nice light-weight bar where the inner laminate is a metal latice instead of being solid making the bar lighter - not sure if Rob has these yet.

Would be interested in trying one but not hinting:001_rolleyes:

Ha ha! I haven't got any of those in this time....

The reason is because I have to buy a minimum of each type of bar and I've had to re mortgage to get these in!

They do x3 types:

• laminated bars similar to Stihl and Oregon where x2 plates are welded and the gap filled with resin.
  • the lightweight bars - these are pretty unique in that the solid bars have sections removed and filled with resin (look in the pic below).
  • solid bars - single piece of steel.

The pic below is a solid bar with sections removed - these will then be filled with resin.

:biggrin:

(1).JPG.6941495613c33dc1902e95fa8a068afb.JPG

That's an interesting idea Rob, is that off the back of a carver? I'd like one but don't think I can wait any longer:001_rolleyes:. I'll settle for one without the markers.

Cheers,

Si

I wouldn't worry too much about it as it's only an add on type thing... yes Nick Speakman sent me a pic (as below).

I'm not too sure about this many large holes as I'd have thought it would effect the rigidity of the bar. But I'll be getting some carving bars with x3 or x4 23mm holes every 2" or so to help give an idea of how far in the wood the bar is.

But they'll be 4 months off yet....

!cid_4B9DC74748504BC5BDC7208D160234D2@RobPC.jpg.965b6e913d877d4bd953b5574bfad659.jpg