Sugihara bars

Rob D

Just got my first shipment of Sugihara bars from Japan. I got these in because I heard that they were very well built and were some of the longest lasting bars... as per this quote:

“Most loggers wear out chain saw bars with their chainsaws. I have worn out chainsaws with my Sugihara chain saw bar.”

Which is no doubt exaggeration but I'm pretty sure these are some quality kit. They supply 80% of the Japanese pro market and have been manufacturing bars since 1957.

I'll be listing these on the website soon. Jonsie is taking a load if you want to see them in the flesh and I'll be looking to get them into other dealers as well.

I've gone for the laminated bars up to and inc 20" then the solid pro bars inc 25" to 46" for both Husky and Stihl mounts.

Pricewise they are just over the price of the Stihl equivalent.

:001_smile:

5976618515d6e_CSBpics1035.jpg.e18b9165464e6819dbad8f165910ea0e.jpg

59766185119ab_CSBpics1032.jpg.95c34278244cacb90223632b461251c6.jpg

597661850493c_CSBpics1030.jpg.88f3162094c406a10a2ad3c19e2b1471.jpg

59766184f1dee_CSBpics1028.jpg.4cb6147e7fc67c7cf6a568aebaf7938c.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T

Are they any relation to Tsumura bars? Also Jap, beautiful steel...

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/130586.htm

I don't think so - Tsumura bars are made by a different company in Japan but they are also judged to be very good quality bars - pretty sure the Oregon carving bars are made by Tsumura. They have 'Made in Japan' on the sleeve.

The solid Sugihara bars have the same finish which looks really hard wearing - metallic with a hard clear laquer?

The laminated Sugi bars are painted but do look well made as well... time will tell!

They certainly look the business. Nice to see a bar that starts off without paint - it just comes off anyway.

Next time I need a bar Rob, I'll grab one from you to try.

Jonathan

Yep - will be interesting to see what you think. They feel a little lighter than the Stihl and Oregon solid bars - will have to weigh them to see if they are.

They do lightweight versions as well which are supposed to be very good - but I'm not sure if the demand is here for them? I have had a Stihl lightweight 36" bar here for 6 months....

What makes them so good and different from other bars

Jake:thumbup1:

The build quality is supposed to be better and in short they should last longer than other bars.

Also one thing I've found is that the company is receptive to new ideas i.e. the 46" bars they have made for me are the longest bar they have made to date - previously they made up to 42".

I wanted carving bars with holes or markings that give an idea of how far the bar is in the wood - they will be available in a few months.

I found that a refreshing attitude from a large multi national company willing to try new ideas.

:001_smile:

Good old Japan !

Wouldn't mind trying one out see what it's like :001_smile:

I don't mind doing an introductory offer to launch them .....

So open to suggestions on what that offer would be? What offer would tempt you to giving one a go?

:biggrin: