2 man tean with chipper

jbtreeservice

Hard round here as a few two man teams with van and chipper working for 200 a day as the van chipper saws, fuel, everything ain't there's but can only get to you on a weekend as doing there PAYE work the rest of the time. Just lost a big chestnut dismantle to them, I think, as the client though I was taking the p when I said my rate for two of us with chipper etc for a day to do the tree and if time alowed a few shrubs. Boils me up sometimes when im trying to get going and make enough to grow the business and replace kit.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard round here as a few two man teams with van and chipper working for 200 a day as the van chipper saws, fuel, everything ain't there's but can only get to you on a weekend as doing there PAYE work the rest of the time. Just lost a big chestnut dismantle to them, I think, as the client though I was taking the p when I said my rate for two of us with chipper etc for a day to do the tree and if time alowed a few shrubs. Boils me up sometimes when im trying to get going and make enough to grow the business and replace kit.

Does this include two blokes- surely its costing them to go to work?

Cheeky sods use it as a good point to the service as it means the client won't have to take a day off to help them..?...

I prefer the client not to be in, seem to get on quicker as dont have to waste time going over and over what we are doing or answering all the mad things mentioned in the funny things customers say thred

• 4 weeks later...

I charge 350 - 500 a for 2 guys and truck and chipper depends targets whats involved how many tip off trips distance to job etc etc guy i work for alot charges 500+vat a day and is stacked out with work a number of jobs people have been cheaper but if you stick to your guns come accross professional have a good solid reputation they will pay abit more to get a good job.

When times are quiet i still wont drop my prices ive bern told you can be a busy fool or work 3 days a week for decent money and earn the same and its true.