The underpricing thread.

Mark Bolam

When pricing any connie hedge job I wear dirty clothes and climb into it to have a look at cutting height.

I've lost loads like this by pricing them at what they're worth, the people doing them have caught a big cold.

If I'm working for crap money I don't want the job to be crap as well!

Saying that ask me again on the 20th or 21st of this month thats when im doing a dead 110ft wellingtonia dismantle removing all chip and timber from site priced it tight cause i wanted the job once in a life time tree round these parts!

If you want rid of the timber closer to home and can get it down in lengths I'll have it:thumbup:

Hmmmmm connie hedges :thumbdown:

Priced up a Macrocarpa hedge once (previously topped several times) but didn't bother getting up close and personal. Bad mistake. The hedge was heavily tangled, had grown together most of the way along and was full of bottles, stones and all sorts of other rubbish. By the third day I'd had enough of dismantling and decided to fell one of the trees and deal to it on the floor. Tree one was tangled in tree two and got dragged the wrong way flattening a galvanised steel lamppost on its way down. Replacement cost of the lamppost was half the price of the job. The last connie hedge removal I did I brought in a digger and let that deal to them.

Saying that ask me again on the 20th or 21st of this month thats when im doing a dead 110ft wellingtonia dismantle removing all chip and timber from site priced it tight cause i wanted the job once in a life time tree round these parts!

That's often the case, you can spend so much time doing crap work you snatch at the glamourous stuff and underprice it.

Some-ones out on this latest job or the clients pulling my plum.

Customer emails to tell me that '

thanks but no thanks as they have another quote over 1000euros cheaper'

I email back and tell them if they scan me a copy of the lower quote then I will lower me price to 10% below it. (of course I have no intention of doing so, I'm just curious who has priced so low)

Nothing, not a peep, I did think the customer had no funds and was wasting my time last Saturday. Property rich, cash poor ex-pat who walked around telling me how he could have these trees down in a morning but for his wife insisting on using a properly insured company...hhhh:001_rolleyes:

Ty

Some-ones out on this latest job or the clients pulling my plum.

Customer emails to tell me that '

thanks but no thanks as they have another quote over 1000euros cheaper'

I email back and tell them if they scan me a copy of the lower quote then I will lower me price to 10% below it. (of course I have no intention of doing so, I'm just curious who has priced so low)

Nothing, not a peep, I did think the customer had no funds and was wasting my time last Saturday. Property rich, cash poor ex-pat who walked around telling me how he could have these trees down in a morning but for his wife insisting on using a properly insured company...hhhh:001_rolleyes:

Ty

Do you make a habit of lying to your clients??????:thumbdown: