The underpricing thread.

Mark Bolam

On 28/04/2022 at 17:41, Joe Newton said:

No there's another bloke on the Arbtalk website pushing a podcast about how his company failed and he rebuilt it again. He's also offering a consortium of an industry leaders to help further the arb sector. All very inspiring stuff and all but that's not the same guy.

I'd hazard a guess that the rotund northern dough ball did a bit in college and maybe a bit of ground work before ducking out and starting a podcast instead.

If I seem grumpy I've had a hard couple of days. 

Apologies for confusing the two, I cant believe there's not a thread on him alone I am utterly bewildered.

Ive used the 4 in 1 tooth set up (cant remember the name) for a few years on a 360 and 38x and has been very good. 

They are expensive and it was fairly difficult to touch up properly. 

So I recently swiched to the ECO teeth they now do. I liked the idea of being able to turn them up to 2 times (like greenmech disc blades). Realistically you can only turn them once before you are cutting with the blunt side again. They're a lot easier to touch up and work well on the 360. 

On the 38x however They're so brittle. I've broken countless in a 2 weeks they've been on, even if I didn't hit anything. 

I've also broken 4 carriers. I'm not aggressive with the bites or anything. I'll call them to see if its a production issue. If it is, I'd like to stay on the ECO teeth. 

I have around 100 of the other 4 in 1 style but have found no one sharpens them properly. 

Are they like Greenteeth? I found Greenteeth just broke and under further investigation I found that the wear sharp teeth are brittle, the normal green teeth that I think they call reds are a lot tougher. I was buying them off QRMS and they were a lot cheaper than the originals. The new razor teeth or sandvik as they are also called are fantastic, defo the best teeth I've used.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Hodge said:

Are they like Greenteeth? I found Greenteeth just broke and under further investigation I found that the wear sharp teeth are brittle, the normal green teeth that I think they call reds are a lot tougher. I was buying them off QRMS and they were a lot cheaper than the originals. The new razor teeth or sandvik as they are also called are fantastic, defo the best teeth I've used.

I've heard great things about the sandvik, not sure if there is a way to upgrate them on a predator 38x? 

Yep same as the greenteeth excapt the teeth have a thread which you screw into. I think greenteeth is the opposite 

4 minutes ago, Clutchy said:

I've heard great things about the sandvik, not sure if there is a way to upgrate them on a predator 38x? 

Yep same as the greenteeth excapt the teeth have a thread which you screw into. I think greenteeth is the opposite 

What's the eco teeth you talk of?

I'm currently running a p26 grinder so the diesel equivalent of yours. 

I know you could get a green wheel for a conversion or even a rhino wheel. But the rhino teeth fit the original predator wheel any how.

I'm sure new river would do a disc for the predator

image.thumb.png.66446e1c2e3904ca5b49cc71681bd656.png

Is the new river wheel available on predators? I've had a look before and couldn't find it. 

All the americans rave about it on the fb stump grinding group, looks very effective 

I think its similar to the sandvik one 🤔 

I think sandvik will do a conversion, which I'm pretty sure is the same as Bandits Razor wheel. Because of the amount of teeth and how they are set out they are much more efficient than other types of wheel.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To give an update on the Ash tree I quoted for a while back….. A firm I know locally did the job, all done and dusted by 2pm, for £500. So, I’ll put my hand up and admit I was totally wrong on that one! Happy to hear the fella got it done, and the lad I know did the work and he was happy too.

On a totally separate note; someone my mrs knows has I dare say, been absolutely shafted on price for a job. Now I don’t know specifics about site, access etc. but, they had 16 Ash trees felled, and I think ringed up on site for firewood so no real arisings to deal with. The photos I was shown depicted a portly man wielding what looks like a Stihl, but not sure what exactly. Oh and he had shorts on. And the job had to stop as someone cut their hand with a chainsaw.

Oh and they were charged 7.5k.

I don’t even know if the job was finished, and I have a terrible feeling they might have paid up front. When they told my mrs who had done it, I looked them up quickly. All the classics there on the advert: OAP discount, lopping topping etc. Unbelievable really, but sadly, believable somehow 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

To give an update on the Ash tree I quoted for a while back….. A firm I know locally did the job, all done and dusted by 2pm, for £500. So, I’ll put my hand up and admit I was totally wrong on that one! Happy to hear the fella got it done, and the lad I know did the work and he was happy too.

On a totally separate note; someone my mrs knows has I dare say, been absolutely shafted on price for a job. Now I don’t know specifics about site, access etc. but, they had 16 Ash trees felled, and I think ringed up on site for firewood so no real arisings to deal with. The photos I was shown depicted a portly man wielding what looks like a Stihl, but not sure what exactly. Oh and he had shorts on. And the job had to stop as someone cut their hand with a chainsaw.

Oh and they were charged 7.5k.

I don’t even know if the job was finished, and I have a terrible feeling they might have paid up front. When they told my mrs who had done it, I looked them up quickly. All the classics there on the advert: OAP discount, lopping topping etc. Unbelievable really, but sadly, believable somehow 🤦🏼‍♂️

Those barstewerds are everywhere at the moment, we have a fang up our way, they have now changed there name but the advert is still the same, lopping, topping, OAP discount, driveways sealed and gutters cleaned......similar pricing as you mention....

On your original post, £500 and done by 2pm...how many lads is that for? It can only be for 2 surely? Even then it's a hiding to nothing for stuff like that....
  • Like 2