The underpricing thread.

Mark Bolam

Ahh so he's the bloke that took my money and ran?? I subscribed to that magazine and the free rope bag offer and never got either. He never answered my emails or anything.

He has taken a few people for a ride so I believe.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hodge said:

Here's why I don't do stumps for cheap......

Ouch, teeth aint cheap 😬 

I cocked up big time on a stump today assuming I could get the tracked machine in... 

Instead had to use the wee one. Took me the best part of 6 hours with sharp teeth throughout, couldn't cut it any lower either 

20220429_093148.jpg

20220429_100044.jpg

• Like 2

Ouch, teeth aint cheap [emoji51] 

I cocked up big time on a stump today assuming I could get the tracked machine in... 

Instead had to use the wee one. Took me the best part of 6 hours with sharp teeth throughout, couldn't cut it any lower either 
20220429_093148.thumb.jpg.cba2d7444aa4d899616ec172895d8555.jpg
20220429_100044.thumb.jpg.55eaa42cc809583264cd6cd4ba5cca9e.jpg

Oh no......You will feel that in the morning[emoji123][emoji123]

Luckily I've got razor teeth and it never broke any, I had to tickle them up with the grinder afterwards but no damage!! Now if I was still on Greenteeth that would be a different story[emoji23][emoji23]

20220429_093148.thumb.jpg.cba2d7444aa4d899616ec172895d8555.jpg
20220429_100044.thumb.jpg.55eaa42cc809583264cd6cd4ba5cca9e.jpg

Hope you had good money on that to be doing it with a small machine it looks painful.

30 minutes ago, Ian C said:

Hope you had good money on that to be doing it with a small machine it looks painful.

No, £450 + VAT, would of been in and out in 2 hours and on to the next with the big grinder. Quoted from pictures and questions 🥴

Edited by Clutchy
  • Sad 1

Talking about stump grinder teeth... how do you find the multi tip? 

It's years since I used them and recently gone back to them.... bit under whelmed with them this time... soon as they loose their edge pointless..... do you take a battery grinder and disc for a quick tickle on site? 

I was on a site the other day and grinding stumps.... hit some concrete and other stuff and mullered some teeth.

I sat back and thought... that's 28 quid down the swanny... imagine knackering another two again and more..... it would soon starts to add up on a job!

It's years since I used them and recently gone back to them.... bit under whelmed with them this time... soon as they loose their edge pointless..... do you take a battery grinder and disc for a quick tickle on site? 

I was on a site the other day and grinding stumps.... hit some concrete and other stuff and mullered some teeth.

I sat back and thought... that's 28 quid down the swanny... imagine knackering another two again and more..... it would soon starts to add up on a job!

Just make sure you charge plenty on grinding stumps...that way most of the time you make a good profit and the odd time you break stuff it's covered from the ones you win on. The razor wheel and teeth seem pretty invincible. I take a battery grinder and can tickle up as needed.
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, swinny said:

Ive used the 4 in 1 tooth set up (cant remember the name) for a few years on a 360 and 38x and has been very good. 

They are expensive and it was fairly difficult to touch up properly. 

So I recently swiched to the ECO teeth they now do. I liked the idea of being able to turn them up to 2 times (like greenmech disc blades). Realistically you can only turn them once before you are cutting with the blunt side again. They're a lot easier to touch up and work well on the 360. 

On the 38x however They're so brittle. I've broken countless in a 2 weeks they've been on, even if I didn't hit anything. 

I've also broken 4 carriers. I'm not aggressive with the bites or anything. I'll call them to see if its a production issue. If it is, I'd like to stay on the ECO teeth. 

I have around 100 of the other 4 in 1 style but have found no one sharpens them properly.