brand new 346xp on the bay

WoodED

346 is an awsome saw!! the 550 and 560 are too problematic for me! after having a 560 and taking it back numerous times to get fixed i got rid of it, it seems to me that these new saws coming out dont seem to have the build quality that the old ones do! my 560 went through av mounts like no tommorow, the top case melted cause the top of the exhust had cracked and thats only the minor problems!

All I can think is that the quality of saws varies hugely across the production runs as the later 346's I've experienced felt like I could fold them in half and the back handles were soft enough to flex if you gave them a good squeeze. the older ones with darker plastics certainly felt a bit more robust.

I don't mean to come across totally negative on the 346's - I'd say that out of the previous 50cc pro saws it would have been the best, but it just didn't excite me enough to warrant replacing it's predecessor.

My experience so far of the 5 series saws has been all good and IMO think they feel more like the older 2 series saws in both build and handling.

It'd be interesting to see whether those who've had problems with the 5 series saws have been predominantly arb use or predominantly forest use as I think there may be a trend develop.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

346 is an awsome saw!!

This collection of words / statement should be banned! Fed up of hearing "346" and "awesome" all the time. If people bothered to try atleast two other brands aswell as Stihl and Husky all the time they'd discover the boring 346 aint so wonderful (will not repeat the a word!) after all. Even the Jonsered version of it is better.

See link below, #2 particularly. :biggrin:

Urban Dictionary: awesome

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

This collection of words / statement should be banned! Fed up of hearing "346" and "awesome" all the time. If people bothered to try atleast two other brands aswell as Stihl and Husky all the time they'd discover the boring 346 aint so wonderful (will not repeat the a word!) after all. Even the Jonsered version of it is better.

346 is awsome. 346 is awsome .............. i have had and used makita's/dolmars, echo's, stihls, jonsereds the lot. 346's still shined untill the relase of the 550.. mines had 2 years of solid abuse. has rolled about on the back of the trannie ect.. and not a crack on it or any damage for that matter. were as my workmate with a 261 and a 362 has already had to replace the top cover on both saws in the last year.

the makita's are to hard to get parts for tho arnt bad saws. the echos feel cheap and parts can b a pain again. efco are cheap tat.

346 is awsome. 346 is awsome .............. i have had and used makita's/dolmars, echo's, stihls, jonsereds the lot. 346's still shined untill the relase of the 550.. mines had 2 years of solid abuse. has rolled about on the back of the trannie ect.. and not a crack on it or any damage for that matter. were as my workmate with a 261 and a 362 has already had to replace the top cover on both saws in the last year.

the makita's are to hard to get parts for tho arnt bad saws. the echos feel cheap and parts can b a pain again. efco are cheap tat.

:bash::puke:

ive used a variety of saws the makita's were nice but just didnt feel like a husky guess just personnel preference, at the end of the day i wanna saw thats gunna cut me timber so Husky's are AWSOME:001_tt2: lol

Sorry TCD, my 346 is absolutely awesome. I love it. I take it to work even when I'm not going to be cutting.:001_tt2: Sometimes I take it inside and let it watch the TV.

But I might divorce it for a 550.

You don't have to be a monocultured woodsman - bit of young and old will brighten your day:blushing:

I still use my old 266xp brill saw or should I say 'awe***e' :thumbup1:

i got a 550 a few weeks ago it kept cutting out and was a bitch to restart even though i was using the warm start technique. its now in for a warranty repair and i can't wait to get it back!! Even with the problems i never once got pissed off with it because when it works properly it cuts like a dream!!! Awesome saw.... hopefully!! :)

Baffled over the comment of the 346 being shakey - I have serviced a large number of saws now, part of the servicing/repair regime is to let them run for 10-15 minutes on hard standing and the 346/357 are some of the only saws not to spin and move around by themselves - can't say the same about the 026 and many other saws with solid rubber AV mounts.

Personally from running, servicing and tuning them, they are damn good saws - can't say I like the "awsome" tag but they have good rep in the UK and US by most users so confused over this thread slagging them off:confused1: