Husky T540

Mark Bolam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the latest news/rumours/facts from the fat bloke down the pub?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ive spoken to numerous beer drinking fat blokes, someones sisters,uncles, friend of a neighbours brother and a taxi driver who used to be a tree surgeon and they all agree that it will be released definitely with out a doubt on a Monday.:thumbup1:

As for Husky, they dont know!:laugh1:

Speaking to a few guys from Husky last week at a conference and the earliest is going to be May, maybe.

They have more T540XP's being trialled(25 of them) which should finish the end of this month, so all being well it could be 4-6 weeks from then.:001_rolleyes:

Basically the 020T set the standard and trying to get a saw as compact and as powerful while still meeting emission regs is very, very difficult.

Hopefully when/If it does come out it will be a stormer of a saw and it better have no running issues or reliability problems whatsoever!

It's the biggest marketing cock-up I've ever heard of.

Everyone who had a saw to trial over a year ago really rated them, even above the 200T.

Why not just release it? It would launch Husky back into the topper market (where their previous saws have been awful), swaying loads of Stihl fans away from the doggy 201, then refine it later if necessary.

They really have missed a golden opportunity, and I suspect someone high up at Husky will be drowned in Reindeer blubber or ripped apart by polar bears or suffer some other hideous fate that only happens to Swedes who have failed in business.

On the plus side, even if the 540 never appears it might give the uber-arrogant crowd at Stihl some food for thought when they design the successor to the 201.

It's the biggest marketing cock-up I've ever heard of.

Totally agree with this.

Everyone who had a saw to trial over a year ago really rated them, even above the 200T.

Why not just release it? It would launch Husky back into the topper market (where their previous saws have been awful), swaying loads of Stihl fans away from the doggy 201, then refine it later if necessary.

They really have missed a golden opportunity, and I suspect someone high up at Husky will be drowned in Reindeer blubber or ripped apart by polar bears or suffer some other hideous fate that only happens to Swedes who have failed in business.

On the plus side, even if the 540 never appears it might give the uber-arrogant crowd at Stihl some food for thought when they design the successor to the 201.

I doubt it - Stihl have never had a top handle competitor and it is unlikely they will in the near future. If Husky were anywhere near having this saw in the marketplace we would have seen it before now - it has been imminent for years!

I've always been a big fan of Stihl until I picked up a 362 and a 201 (unfortunately forced upon the world by legislation). Husky have played an absolute blinder with the 560xp (which is the best saw I've ever used), but I can't see them delivering the promised top handle ever. We've all been spoiled with the 200T and I'd imagine Husky are doing all they can to better it. I picked up and ran up a 540T (no cutting unfortunately) and honestly thought it felt cheap and flimsy. I reckon Stihl have probably developed the best top handle you can currently bring to market with the 201. If it can be bettered Stihl probably have the newer version waiting in the wings to ruin Husky's day if they ever finally manage to offer their long term joke up for sale. I'd love it if I am proven wrong however!