Husky T540

Mark Bolam

I know you're probably sick to death of being mithered about this saw, but I understand you had a prototype?

Do you know if it will accept the Stihl no-spill fuel and oil nozzles?

I looked at a Husky 242 for a customer last week and noticed the aperture was too small, like trying to stick a diesel nozzle in an unleaded tank.

Surely Husky wouldn't be so small minded? Their combi cans are so awful I threw my last one on the fire!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im always mithering the husky rep about the saw too so dont worry about asking.:thumbup:

Although I havent a clue tbh, sorry.

We use the husky combi, yep I know it can be a right PITA, we just never got round to buying a stihl one!

Although I also hassled the rep about its faults and apparently they are doing something about it!

I doubt I will be able to get hold of one again in the near future well not before they are released, but if I do or can find out I will let you know mate.

Im surprised the stihl nozzles dont fit the other saws though, I never knew it was a problem!

BTW you will want one as they are a fantastic saw so you might just have to buy a new huskly combi can.:laugh1:

If anyone from Arbtalk wants to preorder the T540 from us then yes, we will sort them out with a free combi can.:001_smile:

The one we had had the old style filler caps unlike the one we have on the web site.

Husqvarna T540XP Chainsaw 12-14" - Husqvarna - Chainsaws - Machinery

Thinking back I'm am fairly sure they were quite small.:sad:

Yep thats what I told the rep, also would be handy if it had a filler on the top so you dont have to stand it at an angle to fill it right up. He thought I was pushing my luck at that one!:laugh1:

Apparently they are sorting a transparent one out and I do hope they sort the auto filler as it only works great for about 20 minutes from new.:001_rolleyes:

The main problem with the Husky combi can was the non-spill spout was utter crap and the orange plastic was too thick to see how much fuel you had left.

same here mr b,ive bought 2 non spill fuel spouts for the husky can@£10 a go..:blushing:

not this time though,just bought a harkie combi can (clear like the stihl)

£28,i like it...:thumbup:

what are people views on this new husky saw compared to the stihl ms201t? impartial views please

as im wondering which 1 to get, as ive heard bad and good things with both and use the 201 alot.

thanks lads

dont think there are many on the husky,as its not out yet..:001_huh: