chainsaw sawhorse

Charlieh

Hi,

i have used a stihl wooden sawhorse in the past for cutting logs, im looking at getting one of the ones that grips the saw and allows you to pivot it with one hand leaving the other hand free to slid the log along, most of the time its just for use on 4ft lengths of ash/sycamore,

anyone have any experience of these?

cheers

Charlie

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of the ones by Portek (i think that's who made them) and I persisted with it for about half an hour - it went straight on ebay and was quickly forgotten about.

Buzzsurgeon on here had a brilliant thing that held the timber at one end - think it was called a log dog but I searched the web and couldn't find another.

Have you got Mike Abbotts book the living wood in there he uses a firewood station you could easily make one or have one made. it is on four legs at a comfortable work hieght then it is a frame like a bike rack you fill the whole thing with your four foot cord and the chainsaw cuts straight through the lot the rails you set to the size of firewood you want then tip the logs out. I know the thing you are talking about you don't need to hold the wood at all you put in 8 foot cord and it just grips it and you just cut ssimple i have used one they are brill but i cant afford one:001_smile:

"Country wide farmers" in the gloucestershire area sell the ones that grip at one end for £99.00

I can't find it on their website http://www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk/pws/Home.ice

But I saw it in the store the other day.

The stihl ones that have a chainsaw holder look crap apart from the fact that you can cut identical lengths to suit your needs.

Thats it the smart holder that's the one i saw on ebay it holds the whole cord. there was also a video on ebay it looked Kool:001_smile:

Thats the 1 i would go for aswell, about 80 quid ont tbay grips at one end and folds up