Dogbone rope wrench

surveyor

The OAR is rope specific, and you can install different size rollers for different size ropes. I have tested it so far now on Imori and Rocket line with the larger rollers. Also I find that a DMM spacer from the small pinto pulley is perfect for use as a cam/roller for the bottom rack arm. As the rack arm swings up when weighted the sheave spacer functions as a rolling cam and clamps on the rope. When pulling down on the bottom arm, the roller/cam/sheave rolls back to release.

As for the pin on the Dogbone, it is very stout, and the stops on the aluminum side plates give even more support. My goal was to keep it simple, compact, snag proof as possible, and light (5 oz. with tether).

I can vouch for the 'sturdiness' of the dogbone wrench, it really is a cracking bit of simple kit. I would love to give a full review of the wrench but I am spending most of my time scooting around with the Bulldog OAR.

Using Tachyon/teufelberger tachyon I use 2 swing arms and a slightly smaller top roller, set up on an 'O' rig it really is a breeze to ascend/descend on. I'll give an EG, we have a errr, slightly portly young lad shall we say, who using hc etc struggles to get more than 10-15ft up, straight ascent with no aids, with the OAR in 'O' rig the boy monkeyed up like a natural, really am loving it.

Thanks Gordon.

Bing!

Forgot to say, the dogbone wrench is my daughters, she just lets me play with it.

Edited by Bing!

Experimenting I see, cheeky lad. : )

One of the nice features of the OAR is its almost instant grip when weighted.

Does it release nicely with the smaller roller, no creeping?

Do you have pics or video of your setup?

The OAR works very well for me on Tachyon (This was the first arborist rope I had, Thanks Tom D.)

The top roller is only .5 mm smaller in diameter, it releases and bites cleanly. No creep, if I bounce around deliberatley I can get it to creep a bit but it takes effort, not bad considering I am 14 stone plus kit.

I can probably post a picture but the video I attempted would be of no help to man nor beast, even I cant work out what was going on and I filmed it...

The picture makes more sense if you are familiar with the O rig setup, my spliced eye is fed down through the ally ring on my bridge then up to the carabiner at the bottom of the Bulldog OAR.

I will try and get some better shots.

The nice thing about the Bulldog and the O rig is you can set the bulldog arms length away from you and get a good arms length of upward thrust, instant bite captures the progress without having to lock off with your arm to tend slack.

DSCF7916.jpg.991538f5d7ebd684259037712164ab24.jpg