The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

I drove it home!

The dog hates it, won’t get in, window sill not big enough for him to put his paws on when he puts his head out the window, too noisy, gives me a bad back after 10 miles.

Better to move it on now when it’s still head turning than bollock about for months/years.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I drove it home!
The dog hates it, won’t get in, window sill not big enough for him to put his paws on when he puts his head out the window, too noisy, gives me a bad back after 10 miles.

Better to move it on now when it’s still head turning than bollock about for months/years.

Shame, looked well for a landy [emoji16]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted elsewhere but thought I’d bump this thread.
My 110td5 pick up is nearly there, just waiting on the wheel arch extensions.

It’ll be stage one mapped for modern motoring, winch on the front, bit of sign writing and  off we go.

It is a thing of beauty.
B6203A50-D5A6-4CFA-9C7C-1CAFFBFD3983.thumb.jpeg.d84350c73c746b20059fa47d3ffac911.jpeg
BBA96FDB-128F-4F72-A1DF-D97D83585DC1.thumb.jpeg.191eff3033bbb1e0e9589c27c46fca73.jpeg

Lovely colour . Those TD5’s go like stink with a remap and some modifications don’t they

Our 130 has come back with a big old list and quote of around £3k to get through its MOT:  Still drives like it always has, a boat. Pretty scruffy inside and out.  Its a 2005 TD5 with only 110K miles and we have maintained it mechanically servicing every year.
We need a 4x4 but only as a back up and occasional work and could probably manage without a tipper although is useful.

Would you sell as is and let someone else tart it up? Whats it worth? (£6-8K??)  And buy something more modern.
Patch it up for £3k and carry on running as is.
Go full on restoration on it, galv chassis etc.. What would that cost (£5-10K?)

Repair immediately (major defects):
Brake pedal anti-slip provision missing (1.1.2 ©)
Offside Front Brake master cylinder/servo mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded floor pan and bulkhead (1.1.21 (e) (i))
Offside Front Brake prescribed area is excessively corroded floor pan and bulkhead near pedal box (1.1.21 (e) (i))
Nearside Front Integral body structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced floor pan and bulkhead (6.1.1 © (i))
Offside Front Wheel bearing rough when rotated (5.1.3 (b) (i))
Offside Front Steering linkage is not secure to the vehicle structure steering arm support bracket bush worn away and loose (2.1.3 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced chassis leg (6.1.1 © (i))
Rear Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced crossmember (6.1.1 © (i))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i))
Nearside Front Seat belt buckle slightly damaged (7.1.2 (d))
Nearside Front Seat belt webbing slightly damaged or frayed (7.1.2 (b) (ii))
Offside Front Seat belt webbing slightly damaged or frayed (7.1.2 (b) (ii))
n/s/f and o/s/f seat base cushioning wornIMG-20210518-WA0002.thumb.jpg.5af41fa1732747ec2ae052a67cc128f5.jpg
Nearside Front wheel bearing end cap dust cover missing
Steering box has slight free play detected at steering wheel (2.3 (a) (i))
Power steering component has slight seepage from a component steering box damp (2.1.5 (a))
Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened both (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
Rear both suspension axle bump stops missing
Front Oil leak, but not excessive both hub tractor seals starting to leak (8.4.1 (a) (i))

I’d take it to where you got it MOT’d last year as you’re not telling me all that corrosion happened in 12 months !! [emoji6]

Where abouts are you ?
You can get a half chassis for £1k in 3mm, floor pans are £80 each I think, some judicious welding from a decent welder and you could get her back on track . A lot of the stuff on the list are easy fixed .
I’d say keep it.
It’ll still be worth a chunk of money
  • Like 1

Got a lift in a D3 back from the pub the other night, the dash showed a fault with the ebrake and Park assist. I commented that my own D4 had Park assist issues too but I felt the car was good but that I might change it for a more reliable unit. The driver commented that for the previous 375,000 miles, it had had nothing but routine servicing and a set of bushes!!!

• 7 months later...