The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

9 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

surprised i've never seen it around.

Not a red headed guy is he?

Don't know, I don't know his son. I worked with his farther for years, really decent fella, mad as a balloon mind

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1

It was just a part replacement.  Rear Cross Member with extensions. A bit of mud off the field added to the ridiculous amount of winter salt they put down up here and six years isn't too bad for some crap modern mild steel without any galvanise. 

Since the front end isn't too bad I may buy the longer one in thicker steel + galvanise to see if I can get a decade out of it next time. The ones I've been looking at are long enough to include the rearmost top spring mounts.

Or spray it with Buzz Weld CIO and spray the inside with Buzzweld cavity wax.
If you’ve not checked out their paint already do so. It seems good shiz although I’m only 6 months in on a chassis coated in CIO (chassis in one )
It seems pretty tough thus far but verrrrrrry early days aye ??! ??

I can never get my head around people rating land rovers. Personally I think there uncomfortable and most of all totally unreliable.

Hmmmm yes comfort is a luxury banished from ones mind when driving Landrovers and yes they are unreliable, but they’re reliably unreliable which almost makes them nearly reliable ....ish.
Personally, I would weep long and hard if mine were to cease service or get pinched.
I guess you either love the whole simplicity and classic nature of the design or you go the more conventional and slightly easier route of other alternative slightly blander marques ?
No right answer, we’re all different aye [emoji1303]
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...