In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

Wasn't sure if "Two completely separate climbing systems" would allow for one ZZ to be attached to the other so I went with Prussick on one and ZZ on t,other.A larger more open tree I would have throw lined both systems/Cambium savers to a final anchor but the crown was busy with branches so I would start at the bottom.Moved point to point with two lines and my lanyard.On a side note I wore my climbing slippers.99% of my work is dismantled now so I,m in Airstreams and spikes.

• Like 1

Movement around the tree was not as "Fluid" as with a single line and lanyard.But that would change depending in so many factors like a more open crown.Anyhoo I am determined to change to SRT next year to match my changing lifestyle!?? Have a  safe Friday Arbtalkers! 

• Like 1

Good to see you giving it a good go. Two separate anchors can be a blessing on some trees, but in some a hindrance. Glad I've managed to get a different job now with this legislation coming in. Will miss climbing and think I might need to take a leaf out of your book and get to the gym

• Like 1

It,s been s few years since we last met Mr Gand.And that was at a Pub near Pie Eater Pete,s place.We were having a right Jovial time! I,m a very different person now.We all change throughout our lives.We evolve based on our life experiences and our surroundings.It,s quite fascinating.A bit like the life of a Tree...Let me know how you get on.I,m in the Gym almost every day now.It,s as important to me as my love of Arb.I love keeping in shape as it has added so much more quality to my life.I already have everything I could ever want in life.Being adopted all I ever wanted was a legacy which I have with my Son and Grandchildren.

20191103_093129(0).jpg

• Like 3