In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

Thanks Wes...[emoji106]  It,s an Onion of a thread[emoji6] and I,m not your average Tree loving Quinquagenarian[emoji16]?[emoji269]
For a few seconds there Paul I thought you'd gone all Harry Potter on us with quinquagenarian thought you be more house huffle puff or slitherin (sadly the only 2 house names I know from Harry Potter) [emoji848][emoji23]

Good to hear your focus is the gym. But also like mick I'm keen to hear if you've got any future plans on being a trainer?
  • Haha 1

Great to hear from you Ian.Harry Potter?? Never heard of her....bit after my time mate?... Lord of the rings  is more my era ? I am actually rather pleased you have responded and are keen to hear my plans.Not only do I consider you one of my best Arboricultural buddies and I am a great Fan of Target Trees but you have a connection with the place in which it all started for me,Houghal College.That is where I first decided that training was where I set my sights (and that was even before I had my blue book). I just can,t seem to get in there.I,ve even just missed another chance as they were after an instructor and the deadline ended last week I believe.Didn,t see the advert till it was too late.Been concentrating on helping my friends Company get off the ground so I,ve been climbing through the summer which has been great fun...There isn't  much else up here.South has always been where the work is at and after my five years in London I told myself that I would stay in the North to be with my Grandchildren and Family(and Tree work) However.......Yesterday I recieved a message from a friend from a long way back.....right to the beginning.Houghal in fact.He has done rather well for himself since we met at college and we are meeting this morning for Coffee and a wander around the City.He is my go to for advice.Some people may know in the Arb world.I shall post my day with him later.So on this rainy morning I shall dash down to train for an hour then catch up with my good friend Paul Elcoat ??

• Like 3

I wouldn't bother with ironman expensive  franchise an events for posers with its £250 plus entry fee.

For cycling audax charity rides oir sportives, for  running: parkruns, fell running races are under £10 entry money raised goes  to local charities, or lots of running  ultras events about now, & marathons.

& indepedent  trialthalons e.g

• Thanks 1

In my younger days, I was a bit sporty. The most intense exercise I've ever done by a long way was kickboxing.
There's no better motivation than knowing if you're not training hard enough you'll get the shut kicked out of you.
Not suggesting you fight, but the training regime was hardcore.
[emoji106]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

In my younger days, I was a bit sporty. The most intense exercise I've ever done by a long way was kickboxing.
There's no better motivation than knowing if you're not training hard enough you'll get the shut kicked out of you.
Not suggesting you fight, but the training regime was hardcore.
emoji106.png

This! Absolutely spot on - did 17 years of kyokushin karate, kickboxing and Thai boxing and was the fittest I could have been. Just the training without the fighting is a total all round workout. Add in running/cycling/swimming whichever you prefer for variety

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant end to week.Although our paths have crossed within the Industry it was my first real chance to properly catch up with Paul Elcoat for over 20 years.We talked Trees and Treework.That,s my favourite kind of meeting.Top bloke who has done very well for himself within consultancy and the HSE.Something close to my heart.

20191101_102226.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, silky fox said:

People on the same wavelengthemoji2.pngemoji106.pngemoji123.png No Dad bod for me?...or Grandad bod for that matter!! Gonna get lean,ripped and shredded for 2020! emoji3.pngemoji471.pngNow that,s what I call relevantemoji846.png Have an amazing weekend Arbtalkers!

D8C88F0C-C0A5-4478-99E1-AF572ACB9B84.gif

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Haha 2