In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

Great question!!...This thread is based on one day when all I had was £1 and no work and what I did to change that and It is a continuation...There is little work where I am up North and when times are desperate I will travel and stay wherever that journey takes me.All un planned and on the spur of the moment.If I had to describe myself in one word,it would be "Exhuberant" and I look for the positive in every negative.I am the eternal optimist.If i could get full time (on the books) work in Durham i would really be living the dream but until then...this life pays my tax..insurance..fuel and food...  If anyone out there has anything going in the area of Arb training message me..I,d love to hear from you so I can follow my dream.I,ll travel anywhere....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, silky fox said:

Great question!!...This thread is based on one day when all I had was £1 and no work and what I did to change that and It is a continuation...There is little work where I am up North and when times are desperate I will travel and stay wherever that journey takes me.All un planned and on the spur of the moment.If I had to describe myself in one word,it would be "Exhuberant" and I look for the positive in every negative.I am the eternal optimist.If i could get full time (on the books) work in Durham i would really be living the dream but until then...this life pays my tax..insurance..fuel and food...  If anyone out there has anything going in the area of Arb training message me..I,d love to hear from you so I can follow my dream.I,ll travel anywhere....

I remember that, love your positive thinking. I remember some geezer posting something on the forum, moaning about not getting any work, he sounded like a spoilt schoolboy. People were basically telling him to get off his arse and keep trying, you were then referenced as a good example how to be

• Thanks 1

Paul,i have to say this thread is the only reason i come on to arbtalk nowadays.

Spiritually uplifting and very interesting,and if im honest im envious of your lifestyle.

I yearn to adventure,travel and take each day as it comes as you do.

Your living my dream in some ways and i look at you with a little envy.

The older i get the further away i feel from attaining this dream.

I cant be too disappointed,ive had adventures,seen beautiful and not so beautiful places all over the world in the services but i feel we are the same type of souls always searching but unsure what were searching for.

Please keep posting and enjoy your adventures.

I hope you find what your searching for mate.

• Like 4

Hi Paul well done mate give marc a ring mate pm or phone if you not got his no mate thanks Jon

Glad your back posting about your travels and adventures, this is a fascinating thread with hopefully more of “your journey” to come, your enthusiasm and positive outlook as others have said has to be applauded. To be able to see the positives in situations that could easily grind you down is not always easy. The power of positive thinking is something I’m still trying to master. I really enjoy reading your posts and pics of places and trees you visit on your travels. Keep it up, all the best. 

Payner. 

PS. Was cool to bump into you at the show last Saturday??

Edited by Payner1975
Spelling
  • Like 2