• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bad eh! Well most of the work will hopefully be in the peninsula but ill go where the work is like i said. Not hugely fussed about commute,its a stepping stone so things can only get better from here. Where you based/work. What type of work do you guys do. Do you enjoy it?

Stay safe

Jake:thumbup1:

Im live not far from you, but my depot is in a place called Mordialloc, its about a ten minute drive for me in the mornings, the work is fairly similar to the Uk alot less hedges and the pruning is alot more varied, i havent done a single crown reduction since i have been here, and when a tree is big it is big, i think back to trees that i have seen or done in the Uk that i thought were big and find it funny how perseceptions can change.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Sounds pretty cool. Shame about the reductions tho, i like a good old reduction every now and again. Looking forward to it, trying not to think about the whole bigger tree thing. Love doing big trees but no point thinking about how big trees are unless your about to go up it. Why scare yourself out of something you havnt seen yet, the spiders worry me more. Im assuming they are not as bad as people mke out!!!

Jake:thumbup1:

a bit of advice, make sure you travel around, i did 5 months in briz and worked for 5 months! didnt really see alot, went to surfers paradice once and to nsw once and apart from getting wrecked every night at the hostels that was bout it! still had a blast and met loads of good people but i regret not traveling more!!

Dont get me wrong, i dont like doing reductions for the trees sake(dont beleive in it for most situations, seems counter productive) However you get a real sense of pride when get down from a real good looking reduction so i think ill miss that. Im all for tree work thats better for the tree and as you said learnin a new skill set.

You been in OZ long.

Jake