myself and a friend are planning to move to melbourne in october (all going to plan) we have jobs lined up.

just wondered if anyone can offer some friendly advice on general matters such as housing, travel, ways to meet people etc

also wondered what work is like over there? such as hours, ethic and things like that

cheers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey,

it depends where abouts in melbourne you want/ are going to be. iv just moved over here about a month ago. to answer your housing question, look on gumtree. there are loads of places on there, so many people are moving around/traveling, i found a place in a few days. i went for the biggest house share i could, its an easy way to meet people. there are also loads of back packers also. Melbourne is bigger than you thing, im limited to public transport and a push bike and there are some places i wont even bother going for the hassell of it.

place im working at take it pretty easy most of the time. its 2pm now and im home already! (rare- but its nice to finish early some times) im sure it varies tho like back home.

PM me if you have any more questions. hope this has helped!

cheers luke :) i might have to pm you closer to the time

hi jake, we're meant to be working for city wide, from what i can gather they do all sorts in terms of housing. neither of us have ever been before and we're only 19 and 20, so its our first move, thought we'd do it properly. no idea about area yet

are you going for good?

Yeah hopefully. im moving over with my wife and Kid. Ill be working for arborco, mostly private work from what i can gather. I got sponsorship for 4 years,then that is enough time too decide eather we want to stay. Im 23 and going over as a crew leader. You guys been in the game long?

Ill be just south of melbourne on the peninsula(1 hr away) so abit of a commute, Still wont complain though:thumbup:

Stay safe

Jake:thumbup1:

sounds good man, apparently its mainly mewp work and before we start theyre putting us through our utilities :D

we've got sixth months but hopefully we'll be able to extend our contracts if we like it. cant wait :)

well atleast we might know some people over there :) we were pretty lucky that both of us were game otherwise we'd be pretty lost