post driver for massey ferguson 35???

rob200T

Hi

Does anyone run a post driver/rammer from a massey ferguson 35?

i'm looking to get one but have been getting conflicting advice!!

I've been looking at shaver hd12h and have been told by the dealer it will work but the hydraulic requirements don't seem to add up! as on youtube vid it says it requires 12gpm and the mf 35 only seems to do 3.5-4.5 gpm????

Also has anyone used Wrag post drivers or Quantock post drivers on small tractors? Any advice would be very much appriciated

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone run a post driver/rammer from a massey ferguson 35?

i'm looking to get one but have been getting conflicting advice!!

I've been looking at shaver hd12h and have been told by the dealer it will work but the hydraulic requirements don't seem to add up! as on youtube vid it says it requires 12gpm and the mf 35 only seems to do 3.5-4.5 gpm????

Also has anyone used Wrag post drivers or Quantock post drivers on small tractors? Any advice would be very much appriciated

Thanks

Iv never used either model on anything less than 90hp but unless its one of their postdriver models aimed at compact tractors then i would be concerned about the weight on the back of a 35. Im about to fit one to a zetor 70hp 4x4 and im a bit bothered theier larger models will end up too heavy for that so i think it depends on how big a hammer you want. As long as you don't have to knock many strainers in a small postdriver and 35 would probably be quite a handy setup for awkward areas in particular.

Thanks for the advice I'll probably forget the big shaver and get the wrag one as its for compacts, just hope it can do strainers as i can't be bothered with anymore tamping!!!

We got a contractor to do 300m of stock netting because we needed it doing quickly and they did a really **** job, actually leaving it not stock proof due to big gaps under some of the netting and 1ft gap under one end of the gate!!! and the other day i noticed one of the strainers is now wobbling!! the cost of that fence line would have pretty much paid for a post driver and as i've got quite a bit more to do...

I know i can do a better job myself i just can't be arsed driving in posts and tamping in strainers and turners!

Cheers

anything above 180kg weight should comfortably knock strainers into reasonable ground. why not get a contractor to come and knock the posts in and you could then do all the struts and wirework. a tractor and decent postdriver would cost around £250- £300 for the day with a driver but you could probably knock 200- 300 meters worth of posts in. might work out quite a bit cheaper then buying a machine which might struggle with big posts. just a thought. where in cornwall are you?

I'm in Treesmill near Par, the ground here is pretty much ideal the top soil is nice and loamy with clay sub soil. we have quite a lot a smallish sections of fencing to do as we are dividing most of our bigger fields up. The wrag rammer i was looking at has a 200kg hammer and is designed for compacts so reckon it should be ideal... hopefully!!!

Yeah i know the model, that should do you fine for your needs and it will sink strainers in fine, its a bit of a fiddle on the intermediates because you have to back up to each one as its not a side mounted hammer- but if its your own time that won't be a problem, actually- thinking about it if your dividing up fields there wont be a hedgebank in the way so you could drive down the line in the middle if you know what i mean so you wont have to back up to each post after all:001_smile:

• 3 years later...

Not of a thread revival. I've just got a parmitter post knocker for our 35x. It all seems to work ok. However, when I raise the weight the link arms take the weight of post knocker as well. Is this normal? I was expecting the weight to lift and when it got to the top of the post them the tpl arms would lift. Any advice, I just pulled and greased the chain etc..

Cheers Mark