N.F.U Qoute.

Mick Stockbridge

I`m paying £650 to Trust for £5 million P/l and nothing else.

Had a phone call from Trust on Friday asking why I had,nt sent back the renewal form. I said about the NFU but would,nt tell them the NFU quote until they told me theirs. Amazingly Trust have now quoted £420 for £5mil P/L. When I told them the NFU quote and what it covered Trust could not compete. I think there is an air of desperation from Trust to try and secure some business. I think that when I call the NFU tomorrow I,ll try a bit of haggleing. The dosh would look far better in my pocket.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone with NFU, Trust was close but NFU gave me 5k chipper cover and 5k for tools, as well as the five million employees and 10 million public liability cover.

I was told by the broker that I didn't need employees liability as I will be using only bona fide sub contractors, as I know this is a murky area in regards to employment law I told them that I did need it.

One insurance broker quoted over 1700 quid when I told them my lowest quote they managed to knock off around 400 quid, but sorry, that wound me up proper, greed, pure greed.

It's nice to see them squirming after the way they hiked up the prices a few years ago.

I have gone with NFU, Trust was close but NFU gave me 5k chipper cover and 5k for tools, as well as the five million employees and 10 million public liability cover.

I was told by the broker that I didn't need employees liability as I will be using only bona fide sub contractors, as I know this is a murky area in regards to employment law I told them that I did need it.

One insurance broker quoted over 1700 quid when I told them my lowest quote they managed to knock off around 400 quid, but sorry, that wound me up proper, greed, pure greed.

It's nice to see them squirming after the way they hiked up the prices a few years ago.

I have 5 grands worth of chipper insured as a trailer with the Kent branch for £88 a year....You were right to tell them you need employees insurance,Ive got away without it for years. If subbies are working for you they are under youre insurance. Knocking off £400 is a joke.They sound like traders from hell, imagine if we did that,we would end up on one of those programmes.Yes its great to see those parasites squirm,they remind me of TICKS on a dogs back,sucking a living off our backs.

Alright Boyz Happy New Year!

Watch it lads! i got a quote from N.f.u but as soon as i said i wanted 5 mill Pl/Product liability insurance they hiked the price up!

Phoned Trust they covered a hell of a lot more without restrictions.

This will make you laugh! asked N.F.U for some chainsaw and chipper insurance but they don't cover theft from site fat load of good! also they wanted to insure my chipper as a trailer!(funny looking trailer!!)

I renewed with NFU despite Trust telling me that they wouldn't cover this and they wouldn't cover that trying to belittle them. Something I can't stand. Sell your product if it's good enough. Got the documents through and found a 10m height restriction. Rang them they said no problem just a standard doc, and they've sent a letter out to accompany my certificate saying no height or other restriction with tree work. £500 cheaper than trust as well cant be bad.

Rob

Putting the chipper as a trailer was to save you money. We had the chipper with NFU as a seperate item but the rep worked out if it was insured as a trailer with the vehicle insurance it was cheaper.

Yes mate definately a proper arborist policy.

I keep hearing conflicting info about the N.F.U when i asked them to confirm they were insuring a chipper and not a trailer they wouldn't!!!i'm not risking losing a £10 k machine!