Donaghys

softbankhawks

I've been trying 3 Donaghys ropes recently and wondered how popular they are in the UK. Cougar Blue double braid climbing, Spark 16 strand climbing and the name escapes me now but a nylon mixed rigging line. The CB is shockingly static for a db climbing line. Perhaps because its designed in australasia for those huge euc's? I like it! For any splicers out there the Spark is soooooooo easy to splice.....as easy as hollow braid.....I'm serious. I hav'nt put the rigging line through any pace yet but it's coated and the nylon mix makes it sound good on paper for dynamic loading (unlike the CB). Anybody with experience on either 3?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Paul, you can find pictures easy and I guess it's not available in the UK although that doesn't stop ya from buying abroad. It's down as an 11.7 i think but feels like velocity...11mm....probably similar to your marlow but smoother jacket and splicable.

Thanks, googling now!

I have been using cougar blue for the past couple of weeks it's an awesome line really like it, we use there rigging lines at work pretty basic but get utterly done there access lines are good value butility aren't the best(that's not including 10mm armorpruss)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I bought an e to e sling of cougar blue while I was in NZ (and I got a free hat), it wears exceptionally well and i havent found a rope it wont get on with yet. If I had the baggage allowance I would have bought a rope as well.

When it becomes available in the UK I will be at the front of the que.

Not available in UK, only donaghys stuff here is AP.

Pretty easy to get hold off though Treegear, treetools and treestuff(will get it very soon) will all deliver to the UK, it's quite cool for us in Melbourne as it's locally made here cool to support our local Arb businesses

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2