% of quotes accepted

John Shutler

In the past I would say we had a success rate of 60/70%, recently much less, even with previous clients their getting other quotes, I haven't increased our prices for 2 yrs to try and retain a good number of customers but it seems people are really struggling at the moment and if they can save £20 then their off, I'm by no way expensive but there are individuals willing to do it for less.

The old rules still apply.

You need to make them realise they are getting better value by using you. Don't just assume they know- tell them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old rules still apply.

You need to make them realise they are getting better value by using you. Don't just assume they know- tell them.

If the tree is gone, with no damage, how are they getting better value by paying you more to remove it ??:confused1:

There are a great many very good professional firms who offer very good service at rates that, IMO, are far to low, but I could not in all honesty tell customer no to use them as they do good work.

This idea that the more you pay the better the job is just nonsense, in fact often some of the more expense out fits do the worst work, IMO.

If the tree is gone, with no damage, how are they getting better value by paying you more to remove it ??:confused1:

There are a great many very good professional firms who offer very good service at rates that, IMO, are far to low, but I could not in all honesty tell customer no to use them as they do good work.

This idea that the more you pay the better the job is just nonsense, in fact often some of the more expense out fits do the worst work, IMO.

Very true Dave, I heard of a large firm round my way who have a god reputation, bat reg etc who quoted £500 to remove a tree, they never got the job, a local 1 man and pick up, no chipper etc quoted £2000!! And they gave him the job!!

If you end up making the same amount of money on 70% of the jobs you provide quotes for as you would if you had to lower the price to get 100%, then I'd rather work less, for the same money.

I would claim, that if you really aim for 100% acceptance rate, you would need to make certain that you always offer the lowest price (I guess at least half your customers obtain more than one quote). And that way you end up working your a*** off for very little money. Pointless, IMO, and naïve.

I wouldn't say aiming to get every job I look at is pointless and naive. I would work for a little less yet earn money than sit at home wondering how I'm going to pay the bills.

Also because of the gear we have we can get jobs done quickly. We MAY be a bit cheaper than the other guy but becaues we can get the job done faster we can do more jobs. For example- we have a 9" instead of a 6".

More jobs= more turnover= more profit.