% of quotes accepted

John Shutler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still getting around 70%, but its 70% of not enough. Seem to be getting about 2 calls a week at the moment.

Same Tom, with odd good patches.

Pretty much anything much over a day is not getting accepted. We're not losing them, they are simply sitting on the quote and not having the work done.

I'm quoting an Ash takedown for a farmer tomorrow night, so that should be a big moneyspinner.:sneaky2:

Same Tom, with odd good patches.

Pretty much anything much over a day is not getting accepted. We're not losing them, they are simply sitting on the quote and not having the work done.

I'm quoting an Ash takedown for a farmer tomorrow night, so that should be a big moneyspinner.:sneaky2:

Same round here mark mind u my mate asked me to look at big pop dismantle 3 dayer to dismantle he got that job most are not getting done though :thumbdown:

I find even on the small domestic jobs, people are still getting multiple quotes...:001_huh: even when your a reasonable rate!

It's the same in every trade mate. Get ya head down and "nick" those domestic jobs on your way home. you will be surprised how much those late evenings make up the bills.

ten years ago, 75-80% now about 50%...undercutting is rife in this neck of the woods, if I don't get the work..I freelance (not on the ones I priced though! :thumbdown:

Is undercutting the correct term? To me under cutting is when the competitor knows how much you put on the job (asking the customer) and then putting a lower price in thus undercutting you if you mean someone is doing it cheaper then that is fair enough surely?? I have lost jobs to people who can do that job cheaper than me and I have also got jobs over people in the past for being cheaper. That's just business. I think when we are quite then it's doom and gloom but when we are busy then hey,ho. :)