A new way i've been using my lanyard

Sirnick2

I climb full srt and in some cases having 2 lanyards can be very handy for getting out to a redirect or climbing above your tip i don't use the 5m every climb but when i do i thank the tree gods :P i left it on there. Its daisy chained and runs between my left lower ring and a caritool on my back so it's never been in the way

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoa so many haters lol, the HC on the bridge is so freaking smooth whilst maintaining an excellent bend ratio on the bridge that most of you guys are always carrying on about it failing. I put the HC on for this reason alone but after having the bright spark to tie in like i have in the pic i'll continue to do so as it provides me with an excellent working position in MOST cases, just another trick in the bag. And yeah i have a 3m lanyard and a 5 meter lanyard both on positioners, IMO they are unrivaled in ease of use

No hate from me bud. I been away for a while but if you'd seen my other posts you'd know I'm a dinosaur.

I'd put a cable tie on the purple thing with holes in, so it don't fall off when you unclip your main line, as Drew pointed out.

I'd simplify for the reason I stated, about possible confusion on clipping in, specially when it gets all dirty.

Otherwise good luck to you mate, you could be the future:thumbup1:

You clearly have a tidy rig which you have put effort and thought into. Although I suspect some of the newbies do like to go a bit crazy with the credit card:sneaky2:

Edit: I mean the blue thing with holes in

Edited by Albedo

No hate from me bud. I been away for a while but if you'd seen my other posts you'd know I'm a dinosaur.

I'd put a cable tie on the purple thing with holes in, so it don't fall off when you unclip your main line, as Drew pointed out.

I'd simplify for the reason I stated, about possible confusion on clipping in, specially when it gets all dirty.

Otherwise good luck to you mate, you could be the future:thumbup1:

You clearly have a tidy rig which you have put effort and thought into. Although I suspect some of the newbies do like to go a bit crazy with the credit card:sneaky2:

Edit: I mean the blue thing with holes in

Thanks Albedo, since i've been climbing with the unicender srt i can't recall the last time i have had to take it off whilst climbing, the rope is easy enough to take out of the uni so i do that instead. the guys on the rope wrench have to unclip to remove their hitch if they want to take the rope out so i spose it is easier for them to just chuck the whole system up and over branches etc. i like to experiment with gear not to make revolutions in our industry but to make my system work better for me, and maybe someone might have a go at this idea one time and it could work nicely for them as well who knows lol

i am a bit of a gear junkie tho, but everything i carry on my saddle gets used frequently other wise it wouldn't be there

:dito:

Since its for getting a good working position it makes sense to clip it wherever gets you that good working position.:thumbup1:

Sometimes I think you fellas worry about stuff too much!

agreed. and with the cutting of the bridge comments, clipped in like i am if i was to cut my bridge i wouldn't be going any where my main line would still be connected to lanyard which would put me in an uncomfortable position probably upside down or something but i would simply use my second lanyard to secure my self to deal with the problem.

i love the "don't do that or your gunna DIEEEEEE!!!!" stance we see so often in the arb forums it cracks me up :D