dont all laugh at once

the hedge man

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I just posted this on Facebook....

So, day one of operation Vicky Pollard to Victoria Beckham, or 7 days to my guest slot on 'The Only Way to Marbella'..... I may have left it a bit late to go from looking 4 months up the stick to stick thin, but my first semi-committed fasting day has consisted of a nectarine for breakfast, a weight watchers rice in a bag contraption I found in the freezer for tea (which exploded twice in the microwave, how is that even scientifically possible?) 4 cups of coffee with only 2 sugars, 3 quality street, 2 pieces of fudge (ok, maybe 3, but it was rum and raisin so with the nectarine that's obviously 4 of my 5 a day) and a pint of Robinson's. (Is that my 5th fruit?) 15 hours in and I'm already doubting that this diet is going to be quite as effective as first hoped....

I need to shift a bit, and get back into condition... 10 years of sitting at a desk, quitting smoking (I've just temporarily taken it back up again to try to wean myself off junk food, I found the fags far easier to knock on the head bizarrely) and a resurgence in the social acceptability, and hence 'availability', of cider, have seen me put on a couple of stone round the middle and suffer tragic upper body muscle wastage.

I'm 33 next month and just round the corner from finding it virtually impossible to get back in shape so it's now or never for me!

• 1 month later...
Even heavier! +1 whole stone since I first posted on this. Just have very sluggish metab and digestion.

People claim that, but if your digestion was slow you would loose weight not gain it and its actually been show that the obese have faster metabolisms than the slim.

The laws of thermodynamics are pretty simple, no one came out of the concentration camps saying "I was on one cup of rice a day and never lost an ounce"

as you all know a suffer with moodswings depression etc and my weight is up down al over the place when i,am down i eat period but recently had a hernia operation and my surgeon told me to quit any carbs and the weight fell off i lost 8.6 stone yes 8.6 stone lol no bread no sugar in my tea no pop >> coke energy drinks a loaded with sugar around 6 to 8 tea spoons per can of coke be it diet or whatever there loaded with carbs and that the problem your body craves carbs for a quick sugar hit etc so quite the carbs rice spudz pasta pies and eat like a rabbit salads any meats fish chicken no probbs and your weight will fall off & its life changing you can bend climb walk breath better etc good luck and dont give in just watch what you stick in your gob no carbs job done

cutting out carbs entirely is not a good idea. Im surprised a doctor would recommend that

first it was a surgeon not a doctor also second all i did was use his advice and lost 8.6 stone it works period i did,nt come to any harm as my body used its own fat to cope with the less carbs i know you cant keep away from not eating carbs it just helps to quit while your getting you weight down once you hit you target just creep the carbs up a touch as your body will use its own fats to turn back into sugars/carbs etc you will see and feel loads better

• 2 weeks later...