Chainsaw longevity question

predator

20ltrs of fuel a day thats some sawing no wonder the saws get replaced every year mine should last a lifetime then lol i will have to get my will sorted so i can pass my hardly used saw on to the kin

Hi mate,if I remember right your using an ms260,they go on for years with a bit of care,could easy last you 15 years or more the amount you are using it.:thumbup1:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got 1999 stihl 026 used most weeks as it came out the box same plug and filter just cleaned ,serviced regular and dads o51 he had about 30 years ago it was second hand then and still runs well but not used much now only for the big trunk but starts third pull

FWIW I have the first saw I ever bought a Poulan S-25 in the mid 70's plus a McCulloch PM 610 in the early 80's .They still run well .I used both of those saws for around 8-9 years when I sold firewood .Fact just last week I gave the little Poulan a run and it did just fine .

Now neither one of those saws see much action these days because I have many much better saws but the fact remains they could still be pressed into service if they were needed .

Logger´s in New Zealand,especially Skiddy´s (people who trim and cut logs to length) would get about a year from a saw.

Running 8 Hours a day,using up to 20L of Fuel a day.

You used to get "Chainsaw allowance" a non taxable payment that was used to buy parts and Bars.It was about 150% the cost of a new saw over a one year period.

Back in MYYYYYYY day!!