Help id this saw please

dave346

Hi,

That is a lovely old saw you have there, look after it.

I was watching this video in a cold sweat a few days ago (yes I know, I have sought professional help)

apart from the missing top cover your saw looks very similar.

I hope you intend to get her up & running,

Incidentally, I friend of mine found an 08S but its an 08 (no switch) in a skip last weekend

Fresh fuel and it ran third pull!

N

Edited by NFG

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats what i did earlier to make me think that there should be a clip on the front but couldnt make out if there was or not? Had another look at the cylinder and couldnt see where it might go :confused1:

Dont know what i'll do with it now? Even looking at new cylinders for it, there isnt a clip on it? Was hoping a helpful arbtalker mght have one so i could see a close up front view

There should be a clip on top of the exhaust next to the cylinder that the top cover hooks into. Looks like someone changed exhaust for one off a 070 Google images will show what I mean .

I do intend on using it, but very sparingly. when we got it going today i couldnt keep the smile off my face! :blushing: the vibes on it are killer though.

i have ordered most of the bit i need and theres two top covers ending tomorrow i think.

just cant seem to see anything with a clip for the front of the cover

Cheers eddy, very kind of you to offer, think it is justthe muffler with the clip i need, how much u wanting for it?

Edited by dave346

Postage and a drink

It's a bit battered, date stamp is 1969

Also have the top cover, cylinder shroud, back clip, air filter, handles and other bits I've forgotten

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edited by Eddy_t

I do intend on using it, but very sparingly. when we got it going today i couldnt keep the smile off my face! :blushing: the vibes on it are killer though.

i have ordered most of the bit i need and theres two top covers ending tomorrow i think.

just cant seem to see anything with a clip for the front of the cover

Cheers eddy, very kind of you to offer, think it is justthe muffler with the clip i need, how much u wanting for it?

Don't worry about using it if your not worried about the vibes these things are indestructible have two which still can do a days work running 36 inch bars.Torque is amazing also have a workshop manual somewhere that I could copy and send to you.:thumbup:

Thanks stihlightning, that would be very helpful to have a copy. This is the first saw i have really fixed (with alot of help from here and the works mechanic) and really got the bug for it now! Think it helps that it is a fairly simply saw though. I had hoped to use it on the alaskan mill but i will be getting some decent av gloves first, i think there was a thread on here a couple of months ago on them so will have a search :)