When to give up on your landy?

chopper brown

I'm in the same boat truck head just gone starter motor went a month ago and now what todo, got to spend the money to fix her as she just worth scrap value at the moment then just keep on driving her whilst at the same time saving for a 2nd truck , hey ho work time chin up

we had a transit once developed a taste for starter motors, just parked it on hills in the end :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally felt like I was getting on top of the jobs list on me Landy, when I went to prep the chassis before waxoyl'n it was like opening a can of worms. The chassis patched everywhere and still found loads of holes and a knackered outrigger! Oh well out with welding kit:thumbup:

Finally got the land pig back up and running today. Replaced the clutch slave cylinder and that sorted the job right out but hat a sod to bleed.

While I was on I thought I'd get round to all the jobs that i'd been putting off so I fitted a new wheel bearing, adjusted the handbrake, replaced both sets of door hinges and gave it a good grease up.

Hopefully that'll see it right for a while but knowing my luck lately I doubt it.

I think sometimes you just need to get through the pain barrier. You keep chucking money until suddenly you get another 5 years of cheap motoring. But thats assuming its not all nackered and hanging. 100k on the clock is ok 200k let someone else own it. I used to buy range rovers and disco people had spent 3k on and given up another £500 and we used to use them for another 40,000 miles towing then sell on. I dont seem to get the time or interest now to go looking for fresh toys.

HI LOG so yours is a L200 if so there ok to go to sainsbury"s but for real hard work o no it has to be a land rover 90/110/130 jobs a gooden :thumbup1::thumbup1:jon :thumbup:

Nice one John, ha,ha, sainsburys LOL, I wonder how many jap 4x4 will be still on the road in 50 years??

Nice one John, ha,ha, sainsburys LOL, I wonder how many jap 4x4 will be still on the road in 50 years??

HI HODGE/BILLY there be no jap stuff around in 50 years in that time a jap truck will be RECYCLED 5/6 TIMES IF NOT MORE the best 90/110/130 i think for hard work are 200/300tdi/5td are the best :thumbup1:jon :thumbup: