When to give up on your landy?

chopper brown

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be so bad if it was bad maintenance on my part but i paid a lot of money to get a reliable warranted engine transplant on a two week turn around so no disturbance to the business.

Instead 3months later i got a pig of an engine with more wrong than right and a warranty that wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

Avoid like the plague "National engine centre" Cardiff.

That's me Chris and i'm sure we'd have a few funny stories to share about a certain Mr Back?

It wouldn't be so bad if it was bad maintenance on my part but i paid a lot of money to get a reliable warranted engine transplant on a two week turn around so no disturbance to the business.

Instead 3months later i got a pig of an engine with more wrong than right and a warranty that wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

Avoid like the plague "National engine centre" Cardiff.

That's me Chris and i'm sure we'd have a few funny stories to share about a certain Mr Back?

Pretty sure that company has been on watchdog a few times

Dad and i's P reg 110 has done just over 132k. It was used as a towing vehicle alot of its life so the engine has seen some serious use. It is on its 1st clutch, full set of bushes, new sump plug, 2 new back tyres, new battery (then found dodgy earth was cause), new brake discs, calipers and pads all round, new master cylinder since we've had it 9coming up to a year. Before we bought it, it was in a shocking state. The rear crossmember had been ripped out (towing 3,500 with handbrake on and chained to gatepost concreted in 4 ft), the back door was on by one hinge and most of the suspension need to be replaced which is was with 130 shocks and springs F.O.C. Shame they didnt replace the bushes but no problems there. Since our Discovery we have always stuck with Defenders as we began with an ex army 2.25 petrol lightweight and fell in love with it.