Great service FR Jones - shame about my Stein mini-reach

Andrew Barrett

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I would add that a brand like Stein should not sell any kit at any price that is not fit for purpose. Its dragging them down and I'm doing them a favour putting my neck on the line to give them a heads up.

if stein know they will make bettar kit,that must be good for everybody :thumbup:

Moaning about a short rope retrieval aeriel.

Fair enough mate.

I’m not in the habit of putting personal stuff on the internet, or making excuses for that matter.

However, I was in the foulest of foul moods last night as my brothers missus, was blaming me for my two teenage nieces taking up smoking cigarettes. I had also had a few red wines.

I couldn’t be rude to my brothers missus so I was rude to you instead…. Sorry about that.:blushing:

No Steve. With respect... I've read a lot of posts on this forum about , mainly peripheral type Stein branded kit breaking.

I do think they are in danger of 'dropping the ball' because otherwise they are a top brand for the more core equipment.

I did write a post along these lines a while ago, but didn't post it and now I've done an abbreviated version.

I'm saying good kit but the peripherals are letting them down.

Paul I am sure STEIN would like any feedback from the industry good or bad that would help them improve a product. It might be better to get on the phone to them rather than on here.

Do you think the reason your seeing lots of posts on here griping about STEIN is because they are bringing more products to the market than anyone else? Other manufacturers sit on their arse do nothing or just continue to bring out the same old gear year on year. These guys are putting time and money in to new ideas to try and make work a bit easlier. Sure they get it wrong now and again when a product isn't quite up to par but they do try and rectify it where possible. Do they get recognosed for this? NO just a few people on here flipping moaning. axes to grind? Old scores to settle? Mmmm.

Bringing any new idea to market is hard and faults will be found. In this case I am sure the perfect rope retriver could be developed but it would end up expensive. If people think the STEIN one is too light weight with a 45 KG breaking strain buy a damned Sherril one for $43 Dollars + shipping Retreever Telescopic Reach Tool by SherrillTree : SherrillTree Tree Care Equipment

Oh by the way they break too see this thread.

Rope Retriever

I don't know why STEIN bother trying to help such an ungratefull industry.

Why is so little positive ever posted on here? Every time I come on all I see is moans or bullying from a minority of the members. Don't you see its driving members away ?

Agree with the first bit in that kit is expected to last a long time or it's no good. Treework is incredibly tough on gear no matter how robust. Make it bulletproof and people don't want to pay the higher price. It's good to see new products coming to the market and Stein do seem to be one of the most forward thinking brands....

...although 'why would Stein bother trying to help such an ungrateful industry' - come on they're not putting their products out there for charity are they!!

And there are plenty of positives on this forum to balance the moans.

:001_smile: