Valmet guarding

oakleaf50

Has anyone any good picture to show guarding on a valmet 8150?

Need some ideas to see which it the best way to go about it.

Also I believe that you should not drill or bolt to the cab ? How would you go about protecting windows side and back ones??

Any help would be good

Unless you get the guarding done by someone who does it specially then all forest guarding is shall we say bespoke!

No Don't drill or bolt to the cab or it looses its FOPS and ROPS status.

Don't have any pics of how the guarding is in place but if you want i could take a few tomorrow?

This one shows it on a Valtra A92 (bit smaller than the 8150) but the principle is the same. It's all bolted to the extra fixing points in the tractor in the engine and rear axle.

The belly plate hangs below fixed to the frame. If you put a belly plate on make sure you cut holes in for all the filters/grease points and then bolt a flap over the hole. If you don't do this you have to take the hole frame off when you want to change a filter! The frame then is bolted together off of that.

The window guards use use steel bar welded into a frame that bolts to the frame above. Same with the rear you can make that a fancy shape to allow the rear window to open. Of you could throw a fist full of money away and replace the glass with 1/2margard and forget guarding them.

This T160 was done at Wilsons. The brash bars mount to a frame where normal loader guarding would sit. The rest of the guard hangs off the crane mount on the back. Which is sort of like a front end loader mount but on the back and really tall.

Any more specific questions do ask. I will try to get some photos tomorrow of the way our frames go together.

DSC_1028.jpg.3bd47c741a39f78a8b52510384c02108.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg.676a903cd624837e16a4479cb3d08512.jpg

I shall take a few more pics of how it works on the back axle. From what i remember it ties onto a mounting plate like the one on the front somewhere. Like i say guarding is bespoke. Both Valtras A92 have different guarding set ups and they were done in the same workshop by the same guy! I'm sure Arbwork will be in a second to say how his is different to mine, Stephen Blairs and Cosworths!

Cosworth your guarding will be in the Wilsons style as you have a roof mount from them.