Disco 3/4 owners did you know about this madness???

skyhuck

I have a Disco3 and a mate of mine who is a mechanic told me something the other day that I found hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

Did you know that its not posable to remove the engine without taking the body off he chassis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:001_huh:

He was telling me about a guy who had a 09 plate Disco4 that had an engine fault, the dealer fitted one new injector £1200!!, the problem was still there so they suggested fitting a new set of injectors which would cost £7K or a new engine for £15K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

The owner decided to trade it in for a new one.

A guy bought the trade in and spent a week removing the body, stripped the engine, turned out it was a broken valve spring, change the spring and refitted the body.

How crazy is it to build a car where the engine cannot be removed with relative ease??????????????????????????????:confused1:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any one want to buy a Disco3???????????????

If you look on eBay and piston heads Dave, there are many for sale at a certain age, no doubt theyre really nice, really good cars, until something goes wrong, then it all goes pear shaped

Last one I had in bits was a blown turbo, that's a body off job as well.

They build em to no cheap to build not cheap to maintain.

The other bad thing is they are so effin heavy you can't (legaly) move them on a trailer

Yes they are the heaviest motor landy have ever built!!!!