Tickets for railway

@ John Shulter

A simple and seemingly unoffensive question.......

........ Yet this comes across as a rather hostile reply.

Is this called ganging up on the new boy?

I thought mods were always banging on about on-line bullying?

Then I see that you, John, are a Mod!!?!!

So much for arbtalk being the friendly place to find out stuff.

I wouldn't blame Jack if he kept his questions to himself in future.

Is there some history between you and Jack (I see you are both from the same county) or is it just that he isn't part of the arbtalk in-crowd?

Not got alot of work on then Mr Bolt?

@ John Shulter

A simple and seemingly unoffensive question.......

........ Yet this comes across as a rather hostile reply.

Is this called ganging up on the new boy?

I thought mods were always banging on about on-line bullying?

Then I see that you, John, are a Mod!!?!!

So much for arbtalk being the friendly place to find out stuff.

I wouldn't blame Jack if he kept his questions to himself in future.

Is there some history between you and Jack (I see you are both from the same county) or is it just that he isn't part of the arbtalk in-crowd?

Totally agree!! This site use to be quite friendly not much of that nowadays!! :thumbdown:

When I was younger, I wanted rail work, as the money was good. I got the phone out, rang round, got a number of someone who was taking on, had a chat, then met with them, then they put me threw my PTS and I started working for them.

Nobody baby'd me threw, nobody gave me all the answers and wiped me arse. This forum is incredibly helpful and VERY friendly but it seems people are getting sick of stupid questions and people wanting the whole world doing everything for them.

Totally agree!! This site use to be quite friendly not much of that nowadays!! :thumbdown:

Rubbish, this forum is just as friendly and helpful as it has ever been.

You have been a member for 9 month and made 25 posts :sneaky2:, a forum is very much like life, the amount you get out is directly equatable with what you put in :sneaky2:

When I was younger, I wanted rail work, as the money was good. I got the phone out, rang round, got a number of someone who was taking on, had a chat, then met with them, then they put me threw my PTS and I started working for them.

Nobody baby'd me threw, nobody gave me all the answers and wiped me arse. This forum is incredibly helpful and VERY friendly but it seems people are getting sick of stupid questions and people wanting the whole world doing everything for them.

What about this for a stupid question!!

Im gettin an iphone 3GS next month when i upgrade, Im just wondering what the picture quality is like when put on the computer.

If anyone with an iphone could put a picture up off their phone, So i can see the quality, Id appreciate it.

Cheers

What about this for a stupid question!!

Im gettin an iphone 3GS next month when i upgrade, Im just wondering what the picture quality is like when put on the computer.

If anyone with an iphone could put a picture up off their phone, So i can see the quality, Id appreciate it.

Cheers

No that's a fantastic question :thumbup:

The PTS course and rail work have been covered in MANY threads on here, if the OP was to do a simple search he would have found hours upon hours of reading about the matter, I and many otherS have gone over this MANY times BUT a simple search wasn't done due to laziness.

Edited by Mozza

So do you think it's fair with the replys he got though???

Was it fair? YES.

Was it kind and loving, maybe not.

Would I ask a question like that?? NO.

Come on if you want to work on the railway you need to find a Co that will offer you rail work, its not like you can just go work on the railway.

And surely any Co thats thinking of giving you work will tell you what they require.

So really John was was right, but sometimes its better to bite your tongue and not say the truth, but sometimes we all just blurt out what we think.

But its not always a bad thing to hear the pure unvarnished truth.