Decent for a first kit?

Charlie Fells

It's fine so long as the harness is comfy and you want to climb on a prusik... have you tried the harness? Wouldn't be my first choice I don't think...

No i actually haven't tried on the harness yet i will be heading down to F.R.Jones to try it on, might also try on a few as well! I will be doing alot of rec climbing to get used to it!

Gotto start somewhere, but it won't be long before your preferences get you investing in more specific gear. Look around and try as much as you can while time allows. If your budget allows, you may be able to be a little more selective. Good luck.

I'd agree with this, make sure you try out a few harnesses and give a bit of thought about not just what you're climbing now but where you think you'll be in a few months.

There's probably only £100 between the top end harness and entry level, but £100 on top of £150 is less than £250 on top of £150 in a couple of months..!

I doubt it will be long before you're moving on from a prusik either so rather than buying a kit based round a prusik, you might be better off building a kit intended for VT etc. and adding in a couple of quid's worth of hitch cord, tying your own loop and starting on that rather than the two loops in that kit. They're an expensive way of getting prusik loops IMO....

I guess you want a rope, harness, cambium saver, various lengths of hitch cord, half a dozen carabiners, couple of small pulleys, lanyard kit, throw line.