Valdotain Tresse VT pulley set up. Photo's

hesslemount

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I here what your saying,is this why you dont see the lock jack twin around anymore or do they still make it?

The lockjack twin is still about. The LJT will not snag like you could on the VT Steve mentioned.

I've used lockjack twin and still use the sport and not once have I had anything resembling a snag that releases it's hold, they are very safe devices :001_smile:

I've used lockjack twin and still use the sport and not once have I had anything resembling a snag that releases it's hold, they are very safe devices :001_smile:

I'm not sure how you mean the Schwab /VT will get snagged up if it's the same sort of loop in the system as the LJ twin.:confused1:

Here's one with an extra wrap on the schwab just incase of a rouge snag and i've changed the rope for a bungee strop :001_smile:to keep everything tidier.

hitchclimber3.jpg.6707076edf7fc57a08937750a1f9321f.jpg

Sorry Dave, it's me. :blushing:

I had another setup pictured from somewhere else on the forum which showed a VT setup with something like a blakes hitch rope termination knot on the crab at the side of it in which the top of the vt could have caught underneat it and released.

I just presumed without going back and looking that this was the knot we were talking about.

Your setup is no different from a LJS setup although it may be a little easier to release the friction on a VT than a LJ

I think that sett-up looks a lot of faff to tie up. I think that the hitchclimber vt sett-up used in its original form is the nuts and needs little if anything doing to it to make it work better. Keep it simple :001_smile:

"If its not broke dont fix it"

003.jpg.a3c856b287c776018af722f757d0b0cb.jpg

I think that sett-up looks a lot of faff to tie up. I think that the hitchclimber vt sett-up used in its original form is the nuts and needs little if anything doing to it to make it work better. Keep it simple :001_smile:

"If its not broke dont fix it"

Maybee your right,i'll keep trying it out for a while though,here's a quick clip of the mk 1 in action, sorry about the bad neck you will get (first effort on youtube!!!) oh and wareyour shades for the T shirt:001_tongue:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fTu_fvMSkk&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Hitchclimber[/ame]