Valdotain Tresse VT pulley set up. Photo's

hesslemount

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'For long ascents I use a sling between the pulley and harness'

- me too, if I'm going up I use a short endless sling larksfooted on each end, between my Krab and on one sliding Dee. Once a pelvic thruster always a pelvic thruster! :001_tongue:.

The fact that others have used a sling for longer ascents between harness and pulley pleases me ... as that's the solution I reached. I find that having to pull through the tail after advance is more cumbersome than a Blake's / Prusik hitch so will go with the sling idea. Think that's the best solution for now. Still think the only reason a vt or other self tending hitch is good is for leaving a free hand whilst branch walking; and for that it's great. Thanks guys and thanks in particular for the you.tube video of Steve Bullman on page 1 of this thread. Now I get it. Merry Christmas to all. My harness is hung up until the 5th Jan. Now where's that case of Stella?

For long ascents i kind of footlock it so my legs are pulling the slack through,not as quick as actual footlocking but less exausting than body thrusting. Each to there own though. I use a lock jack or hitchclimber by the way.

Hope you all have a cracking chtistmas and a happy new year.

For marathon long ascents, 100' or more, I use an SRT deal.

Long ascents, 40'-80', I go Live and Direct, with Footlocking to a perch.

For long ascents with a VT/Knut or whatever, 10'-30', I footlock the tail.

For long body thrusts, Never do it.

Though the Knut tends slack a bit better than the VT, IN MY OPINION.