Srt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo 1: I'm attached to the right hand side and my weight chokes the Maillon up. The left side hangs loose down to the ground and can be moved out of the way easily if it gets in the way. When I've finished in the tree I descend down the same route then pull on the left side to retrieve the entire rope. Descending via a different route can be done but means there's more friction upon retrieval.

Photo 2: The whole set up. Poison Hivee rope with 8mm OP hitch cord tied as a Distal.

I clip to the DMM thimble with a Lyon sling and snap gate karab as a chest harness.

The tether I've ended up with is 6mm to try and make the RW less floppy and it's girth hitched into the middle hole of the HC pulley.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341581541.510921.jpg.509866ba0c7f5da53de660fb2daa5181.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341581582.027470.jpg.d5a04e53d0aa1f791d317f67c637104d.jpg

i Just finished my first big tree using srt today,and im glad to saythat all the benifets i could see in my head cme to reality. its so easy to get back to the top of the tree when you needto redirect the other side. im loving the fact that redirects dont hinder you and help you alot. I think srt is the way forward, it does seem safer as it is so easy to use redirects you would be a fool not too use them. This means incase of a slip or trip your swing will be greatly reduced and the probability of you hitting the trunk lessons aswell.

overall extremely happy with my purchase of the rw

Drew i saw you mention the kev bingham artical in arbclimber, Has anyone noticed that he uses a metal tether instead of a rope one. I got my old man to manufacture me one and its incredible. youdont have to keep minding the rw or adjust it.because the tether is solid it acts as a lever and you get no sopiness of the tether.you just go up and down care free(to a certain degree):thumbup1:

i Just finished my first big tree using srt today,and im glad to saythat all the benifets i could see in my head cme to reality. its so easy to get back to the top of the tree when you needto redirect the other side. im loving the fact that redirects dont hinder you and help you alot. I think srt is the way forward, it does seem safer as it is so easy to use redirects you would be a fool not too use them. This means incase of a slip or trip your swing will be greatly reduced and the probability of you hitting the trunk lessons aswell.

overall extremely happy with my purchase of the rw

Drew i saw you mention the kev bingham artical in arbclimber, Has anyone noticed that he uses a metal tether instead of a rope one. I got my old man to manufacture me one and its incredible. youdont have to keep minding the rw or adjust it.because the tether is solid it acts as a lever and you get no sopiness of the tether.you just go up and down care free(to a certain degree):thumbup1:

RW ZK2 that will be. Been on mine for a few months now :thumbup1:

old mill have you tried the cambium saver tie off. personolly i find this much better and you dont have to get down the tree the same side to retrive your rope.i do use your method aswell but as they say,courses for horses..........i think thats how it goes:blushing: