Students please read

Steve Bullman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did a course at Kilmarnock College in Ayrshire, Scotland.

Last August to July this year, i had 2 lecturers called Angus Tresider and Craig McIntosh, Angus has worked as a tree surgeon all over the world and took up teaching years ago, Craig has bags of experience, i couldn't have asked for better teachers, both are NPTC qualified instructors and assessors.

Everything on my course was spot on, maybe this was because both really new what they were doing.

how can that be allowed? i assume he has done some sort of course to allow him to teach? even so, it should be someone experienced in that sort of position

i had more experience and i had hardly climbed!!!! i got offered the job but turned it down because i didnt have enough experience and i was in a arb job, he was just some severn trent guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

makes me mad, i got taught alot of bad things at college!!

oh and matt im gonna name and shame the college!!!!!

BROOKSBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought you were going to say Brooksby! The guy went from passing his cross cut and stack to Asserors tickets in two years! One of the reasons I never went there for ARb Courses.

If you want ARB training in Leicestershire Park Hill Training are highly recommended.

As I understand it, to be a tutor at college, you need firstly a Foundation degree in your subject, going on to a full degree, that qualifies you as lecturer, then you need a full 3 years in the field, then take your PGCE to be qualified as a tutor. So in theory, it shouldnt be that a tutor doesnt have experience in the subject/course they are teaching.