Waste carriers license

treesnakey

I always carry my credit card size licence and have one in each truck. Just remember there's no point having a licence if you don't fill a waste transfer note for each job. I got pulled and had to produce all my transfer notes to the local council office (Chelmsford) luckily I had mine up to date.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Virgin timber is of the type from forestry works or virgin wood processing such as wood off cuts, shavings or sawdust from sawmills or timber product manufacture dealing in virgin timber or cuttings and brash from tree felling or other forestry management operations. From our discussion you confirmed that this is the kind of wood you would be dealing with.

Virgin timbers are not waste and will not be subject to waste regulatory controls provided that they are certain to be used for the purposes to which virgin wood is commonly put. These uses include use as woodchip in gardens or on pathways, as a raw material for composting, as animal bedding, as fuel in an appliance or as a raw material for the production of wood based products or in paper production.

However, if virgin timber is mixed with waste timber, it will all be classed as waste.

"

Just remember there's no point having a licence if you don't fill a waste transfer note for each job. I got pulled and had to produce all my transfer notes to the local council office (Chelmsford) luckily I had mine up to date.

Thanks for the warning, although i feel i must add.... where the hell does the paperwork end :sneaky2::thumbdown:

Thanks for the warning, although i feel i must add.... where the hell does the paperwork end :sneaky2::thumbdown:

I have adapted the transfer notes with all my company details pre-filled in section C and i mainly do commercial sites so have the different sites pre-filled in section B then all i do is run off several hundred photocopies then all i have to fill in is Section A on site which takes 2 seconds then The transfer station does Section D.

Sounds long winded but saves a hell of a lot of writing.

• 2 months later...
"Virgin timber is of the type from forestry works or virgin wood processing such as wood off cuts, shavings or sawdust from sawmills or timber product manufacture dealing in virgin timber or cuttings and brash from tree felling or other forestry management operations. From our discussion you confirmed that this is the kind of wood you would be dealing with.

Virgin timbers are not waste and will not be subject to waste regulatory controls provided that they are certain to be used for the purposes to which virgin wood is commonly put. These uses include use as woodchip in gardens or on pathways, as a raw material for composting, as animal bedding, as fuel in an appliance or as a raw material for the production of wood based products or in paper production.

However, if virgin timber is mixed with waste timber, it will all be classed as waste.

"

as gibbon said. this is direct quote from the EA. find their "position statement" upto date confirmation that arb chippings are not waste. there fore waste licensing does not apply.

• 2 months later...