The Beauty & Wonderfulness of the Sling

Albedo

I have some tape sling which I beer knotted into an endless loop I use it for the odd thing here and there, a beer knot maintains 80% of the slings strength so I'm not particularly worried about it breaking in the situation that I use it in.

Sent from my GT-I8150T using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice touch to add your glasses, really helpful. Again, safety glasses seem to have become more popular in the last 10 years. I only ever wore them when facing up high conifer hedges, as it stops all the trimmings getting in your eyes when you look up.

Has anyone used these:

Bolle tracker safety spec

Was thinking of getting a pair once I return and get working.

Yep, I use them for hedgecutting, sawing, chipping, grinding. Very comfortable. Keep the dust out of my contacts lenses really well. No problem with steaming up - I sweat like a pig though, and don't have any eyebrows, so I do have a bit of a problem with drips of sweat falling inside them! For all day use when strimming I use the Bollé Silium - brilliant they are, and look cool.

I have some tape sling which I beer knotted into an endless loop I use it for the odd thing here and there, a beer knot maintains 80% of the slings strength so I'm not particularly worried about it breaking in the situation that I use it in.

The beer knot is great for creating endless slings. Not something that is usually seen here in the UK as we usually buy stitched slings

The beer knot is great for creating endless slings. Not something that is usually seen here in the UK as we usually buy stitched slings

We have a couple of beer knotted long slings made up from the excess of some ratchet strapping I cut off.

Live in the bowels of the truck somewhere, but there if needed. :001_smile:

Pedroski: Your not the only one who sweats like a beast. I found that wearing a bandana helps a lot. It can also be rolled up and tied like a sweat band if you don't fancy the "gang" look. :001_smile:

Thanks for the help with the glasses, they look good to me, and it is good to hear you don't have trouble with them steaming up.

It can often work out cheaper to buy a reel of tape sling and just make them as long or short as you want I buy stitched slings also for heavier duty work.

Some Pics

1- Coiled and ready for action

2- trying John's suggestion....'old dog new tricks', I don't have a rubber band.

3- quick demo of how I use it, tricky with camera in left hand

A steel crab would be better than this ally one, its not really designed for this.

If I decide to lose the knot I will probably spend the rest of the day trying to get it undone:001_smile:

P1030897.jpg.7bc573d990b9d677e814f665fe26e26c.jpg

P1030889.jpg.013446d7eafc765318d741ea27c9b073.jpg

P1030891.jpg.080def7f57e735b71a5b57d9b1816438.jpg