Stein Super Plasma V's Petzl Vertex Vent?

matt.akers

The new petzl vent fits alot better than the old one and is no were near as hot as a stein and to me it is designed as a work helmet with pre made slots unlike the stein which has to have adapters drilled and screwed in place. Also on another note Non-mesh vizors are crap glasses are much better and will last longer.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a little unfair to compare the New Petzl Vent Helmet to an old Stein Helmet. The new Stein Helmet has a much greater air flow and with the inner liners being replaceable it means you can keep it cleaner. Plus the helmet does not need drilling to fit the ear defenders. It comes with one pre made hole from the factory which has a plastic plug in it if you do not need ear defenders. At the end of the day both helmets are great but as with other PPE it is personnel choice as one may fit better than the other. People have different shape heads so may find one sits better than the other.

It's a little unfair to compare the New Petzl Vent Helmet to an old Stein Helmet. The new Stein Helmet has a much greater air flow and with the inner liners being replaceable it means you can keep it cleaner. Plus the helmet does not need drilling to fit the ear defenders. It comes with one pre made hole from the factory which has a plastic plug in it if you do not need ear defenders. At the end of the day both helmets are great but as with other PPE it is personnel choice as one may fit better than the other. People have different shape heads so may find one sits better than the other.

I was comparing the new petzl to the old one, not the Stein yeah the holes are pre-drilled but at least the petzl has the moulded slots which fit either peltor or sordin muffs rather than having to use adapters for sordins I can understand why people like the Stein but personally I don't

Sent from my GT-I8150T using Tapatalk 2

ive got both.. i tend to use the stien more.. it dosnt leave and x on ur head when u take it of like the petzl.. and doesnt itch... plus with the visor and the pull down black visor and an arborcom headset, you look like a fighter pilot

I don't understand why people are concerned with the X it leaves on your head, who in tree work worried about their appearance that,much haha :) as Rupe said I would rather look like a work at height professional than a power ranger.

Sent from my GT-I8150T using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...