Sycamore wood anyone?

jav786

Hello,

I have 100+ year old Sycamore tree (which has been felled) in my back garden. If anyone is interested please get in contact.

I'm told it's approximately 15 tonnes.

I'm not a tree expert but feel free to ask questions and i will do my best to answer and appolgies in advance if i have posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

£ not sure what it's worth TBH

Please don't take this the wrong way but what you basically want is somebody to clear a load of stuff from your back garden. It's not going to make you rich and you may end up paying somebody to take it away for you. Your best bet may be to advertise it as free firewood in your local paper for people to collect. :001_smile:

Another way of looking at it would be, pay for someone to take the tree down and remove the stuff you dont think is worth anything.

Then, you have a heap of high value timber you can sell on and make a fortune from.

Good luck with it.:thumbup1:

Another way of looking at it would be, pay for someone to take the tree down and remove the stuff you dont think is worth anything.

Then, you have a heap of high value timber you can sell on and make a fortune from.

Good luck with it.:thumbup1:

Its already been felled.

£ not sure what it's worth TBH

This does crop up a bit - to be blunt your tree is not worth anything.

Put some pics up and if you're lucky you may be able to get someone to come in and clear it for free but forget about being paid for the timber.

:001_smile:

Just to be clear, the reason your tree isnt worth anything as timber is that the cost of extraction to roadside far outweighs the value of the wood.

If you had 50 of them in a nice stack at roadside then you would be able to sell to a sawmill.

As your tree is in a back garden it will need to be sawn into small enough pieces to carry out or move with a small machine, and the cost of that work will be more than the value of the tree as unprocessed firewood. Once the tree is sawn up it is useless to a sawmill.