After my first chipper..!!

jnoon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juat been on a 150 mile + trip to go and see a bearcat 5" chipper/shredder,

What a waste of diesel,

got to the yard bearing in mind this is ment to be a proper machinery sale place, one tyre was nearly flat, the other was soft, the lad wheeled it outside, and started it up without engaging the clutch:confused1: poor engine no wonder it smoked like buggery, i said your ment to engage the clutch he replied "the engines so powerfull you dont need to :lol:", then i got the 261 out the van snedded up a few little branches 3" max asked him to show me the chipper working and he would put the bigger stuff (max3") throught, i could see why as the blades wouldnt even cut butter,

to top it all off when he turned the machine off, on the engine wind down i stood on the machine frame and looked in the shredder chute and the fly wheel was bent , :thumbdown:

so i walked away head held high, he knocked £350 bucks of the price to try and get me to take it but i said no mate sorry

Edited by skyhuck
language

Don't get anything gravity fed,less than 25hp, with only one roller.

Anything smaller will put hours on your week instead of reducing it.

Testcricket is right; get the very best you can afford on finance.

yes im now looking at a cs100 on finance,

noooooooooooo! bigger in the name of god bigger!:001_smile:

i would love say a 13-20 or a quad chip, but just dont have the quantity of work into justify that cost at the moment, i will have to make to with a "WEE" chipper untill work and budget allows me to change!!

Ok your choice, but chippers have never been cheaper, a 750kg tw/jensen/greenmech

with reasonable hours can go for as little as 4 to 5 grand on earborist. They are all real money making machines. Even an old Arbor-eater or Gravely can go for peanuts and make you a lot more money than some spanky new food blender.

Oh and another thing, I notice that on another thread you are talking about day rates etc, with a decent 6in chipper you could charge another 50 quid a day, with a foodblender you're not really going to get away with charging anymore. Anyway you're safe now I've got it off my chest!

Oh and another thing, I notice that on another thread you are talking about day rates etc, with a decent 6in chipper you could charge another 50 quid a day, with a foodblender you're not really going to get away with charging anymore. Anyway you're safe now I've got it off my chest!

So you call a cs100 a food blender:lol: just been to seen the greenmech rep tried it out (18hp electric start) seemed to be pretty powerfull & quite impressive, i guess your right if you can offer a bigger chipper you can charge £50 per day chipper hire, i still quite like the idea of the narrow access chippers, we will see what pops up i guess :thumbup1: