Travelling and working worldwide

Sounds good. Been to California but not for work. Saw loads of work around though.

If it were me travelling I would take my own harness a few little bits and some prussic cord. Ropes are way to heavy so is Ppe.travel light.

I'm currently in Canada and I'm really glad I brought all my kit from home, full climbing kit, boots and trousers. It's hard to get hold of 'fancy European gear' (genuinely what my boss said about the contents of my kit bag) over here, and when you do it's really expensive. I figured buying clothes on the cheap when I got somewhere was cheaper than buying new kit. I've not made it to AUS or NZ yet but I imagine you can get hold of what we can back home, but looking at the responses earlier seems expensive.

Have a good one!

see this is what I was thinking, did you just pay for extra luggage i presume? or did you pay for extra weight in your own luggage?

I think I'd rather pay abit more and take kit that Im used to and comfortable with but all depends on how much more!

I flew with British airways to NYC first and they have a 2 pieces of luggage up to 23kg each policy so I managed to get away without paying extra there as all my climbing kit weighs 22kg (phew!) The trip over to Vancouver though I nearly had to pay excess but the scales were playing up so managed to wangle it :thumbup1:

I'd check with the airlines you're thinking of flying with, see what the baggage allowance is. Excess could be quite expensive.....but then again I'm struggling to find someone to buy a pair of stihl hiflex/pfanner stretch airs from over here so don't assume you can pick up good kit as easy.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...