Zenoah Komatsu

face cord

Komatsu Zenoah make some excellent kit. It used to be marketed and supported in the UK by Allen, but since their demise some years ago, spares have become very difficult, if not impossible.

I am not aware of any current main line importer for this kit in the UK, although things may have changed while I was not looking!

So if you buy one from Poland you may have to get your spares there as well. Bars, chains and carb parts will be available easily in UK though.

Its owned by husky so I don't if that is good news for spares or means the brand will be phased out?

Redmax i think is the same stuff under a different badge. Spares do often seem cheaper to import from abroad than get in the UK.

Edited by face cord

ive got the old 621avs as you can see in the picture it flys through the wood basic design so easily repairable been using mine today in beach thinning's no idea on spares though i might see if i can get one imported and retire the old one

I had a komatsu hedgecutter once....to this day it was the best hedgecutter I ever owned. I picked it up at a car boot sale for £70. I was doing a lot of roadside clearance work at that time and used it for nothing but thrashing down blackthorn regrowth etc. It went on and on

Its owned by husky so I don't if that is good news for spares or means the brand will be phased out?

Redmax i think is the same stuff under a different badge. Spares do often seem cheaper to import from abroad than get in the UK.

Yes, Husqvarna bought Komatsu Zenoah in 2007, but it is a Regional brand, rather than a Global brand, simply meaning it is only available in certain areas, Poland being the nearest to here. There is a UK dealer listed on the Zenoah website, but they only cater for the little 29cc engine fitted to toy cars etc.

It is a pity because it is a good brand, probably no better than the other excellent Japanese products, but very good all the same.

I guess its not marketed here because of too much conflict with Husqvarna's other UK brands.

But it would be unwise IMO to buy one in the UK as you will have a nightmare getting spares, OK, you may be prepared to spend hours surfing the web thing, but should it go to a dealer for repair, he wont be able to spend the time searching.

There are plenty of other mainstream Japanese machines to go for which will have spares backup, but, granted, they may not be as cheap as the one you have seen in Polyland.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say it dosent look like a zenoah komatsu, but copy branded as a zenoah.....I may be wrong but b cautious

Im suspicious also due to the price being under halve that, of the ones listed on ebay:

CHAIN SAW KOMATSU ZENOAH GZ4500 45cc 3,1 Hp CHAINSAW | eBay

Also this other saw they sell under the active brand also has a zenoah /husky label?!

a9b0e036e2eefd9007f55af0ad8174ee.jpg

Chainsaw Active 41.41 - Ekosiarka.eu - Lawnmowers, Brushcutters, Chainsaws, Snow Throwers

Active brand website link: home

So is it genuine or not? :001_smile:

That one from Poland in your original link also has a Husky/Zenoah label. And like I said, is identical to the one on the Zenoah web site. Rip off saws are usually pretty different. Maybe worth emailing Ekosiarku and getting a feel for what they are like.

Things are cheap in Poland. In general, look at price here and then halve it. Pack of fags €2.50 to €3.00 (compared to £6 - £7 here). Same with beer and everything. Expect the same applies to machinery too, considering their wages are half of ours as well..